Sign in to follow this  
slip-stream

Oculus rift release date is March. Pre order available.

Flyinside is the key to making airliners just awesome on OR. Just saying...

Have to wait to order mine as I'm totally skint now....

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

As long as you can run your flight sim (P3D/XPlane/DCS) at 4K resolution at 75 or more FPS, VR is for you

You're kidding right? There isn't a computer fast enough to run any PMDG at 4k , 75 FPS. I daresay any complex addon  in Xplane either.

Anyone who says they do is flat out lying.

You're kidding right? There isn't a computer fast enough to run any PMDG at 4k , 75 FPS. I daresay any complex addon  in Xplane either.

Anyone who says they do is flat out lying.

I think I was wrong - 75 FPS is for the DK2, I think you need 90 FPS (90Hz) for the consumer version.

I did a quick search:

I think the 4K part may be wrong 4k is 3840 x 2160 (8.2 million pixels) at 60 Hz that would be about 497.6 Million per second. Need heavy hitting top end hardware

“…the Rift runs at 2160×1200 at 90Hz split over dual displays, consuming 233 million pixels per second.” 

Thats a huge difference , maybe not out of the realm of possibility at those specs  (to run a sim decently)

Currently I'm running at 3440x 1440 @ 60 Hz (4.9 Million Pixels) so about 297 Million pixels a second.  That would actually be less of a load on my GPU then running OR

Will this look help my street cred in the hood?

e380b3554d064.jpg

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

What is the difference between DK2 and the CV1 (Consumer version). Is there any major technical difference? since I am planning to get a DK2 that is available in my city.

What is the difference between DK2 and the CV1 (Consumer version). Is there any major technical difference? since I am planning to get a DK2 that is available in my city.

Resolution is the main one. OLED displays. Much improved Movement sensors. The weight. The shape. A completely different experience I would suggest.

Keith Sandford.

Resolution is the main one. OLED displays. Much improved Movement sensors. The weight. The shape. A completely different experience I would suggest.

Thank you my friend, actually I got the dk2, I tried it and can easily say that the experience is totally different, however, I can confirm that the resolution is not that good, compared to zooming on a screen. Anyway, I will keep the dk2 for at least a year until the cv1 is available here meanwhile I will upgrade my pc and make it ready for the cv1.

According to some wise men, may they be praised, who are concerned with public decorum, wearing naked Oculus on the street can be provocative and perhaps breakdown public order and decorum.

I am pleased to say that dress codes in many countries therefore mandate a headress or some appropriate kind of veil to be placed over the devices to make the wearer look more normal in the streets and the market places.

Indubitably,  that played a part in the decision not to ship these so very exciting display apparatus to just any nation on God's Earth.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Congrats! Don't forget to keep us updated on how good it is with P3D :)

If you know somone you could have it shipped to them and then to you

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

EDIT: Suggestive image of rift device removed from this forum !

Edited by Fielder