Sign in to follow this  
JLSeagull

Realistic EGLL anyone?

Ok .... Head above parapet, hold can of worms firmly in right hand, pull pin and throw. 

Can anyone recommend a version of EGLL that will not reduce my 980ti/4790k to a gibbering 10fps wreck?

Flak and Kevlar donned....

Regards,

Come on, really!

A simple search would do.

But never mind,

UK2000 do a great version but imo the best is Aerosoft EGLL, all 4GB of it.

I use it lot and have never had a OOM and fps even with a NG/ 777 are always 30+

Need more info then please to a search the topic has been done countless times and yes you have the PC to run it.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

David,

I have both the Aerosoft version and the UK 2000 offering. I get much better performance with the Aerosoft version. The only time I had an OOM problem was at the end of a flight with the PMDG777-300 from Toronto to London. The sim crashed as I was taxiing to the gate. With 25% AI traffic I get upper 20's FPS. I'm running a 6700k with a GTX970.

NAX669.png

Dave - Hands up and I hear what you are saying - but - I really AM perplexed with this (hence the question). I have most of the UK2000 Extreme series installed and they have always (historically), run quite happily at 30fps with my NGX - but, for some reason, EGLL Extreme now reduces my rig to a crawl?  I have tried optimizing the textures, running them at low-res in the the set-up, all the usual work-arounds and have done virtually (forgive the pun), everything that I can think of, except 'phoning the Samaritans. I am obviously missing something and, to be honest, your input and expertise (along with anyone else's) would be welcome right now.

Regards,

Thanks for that Mike. Oom's are not a problem anymore - once I realised that my rig isn't the be-all-and-end-all (and LM improved the VAS management).  It is simply that a 12fps external spot slideshow at, or approaching, EGLL (and 10fps in the VC) makes me want to take up Virtual Skydiving (from my NGX) somewhere over Watford in order to avoid the epilepsy-inducing display on my screen!!

[edit]

Apologies to Free-Fall maniacs or Epilepsy sufferers.    

Aerosoft EGLL + FTX Global / Vector / OpenLC + PMDG 777 gave me a lot of OOMs ;-)

With 3.1 it's better but still reproducable.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Only thing i can suggest to you is to get a copy of  Air Traffic manager.this really does help with Framerates..

good test for me was starting P3d without it,panning around(little jumpy) turning it on and seeing much better performance.

Now of course i use P3d 3.1 with Orb regions,Ezdok,MT6,Pmdg 777,aerosoft Airbus,REX ESS and PrecipitFX.

Also dave i would give a little info on your rig.could be something there that the techies could advise you on.

also what sim and what OS you use.

In P3d i don't have any CFG tweaks at all.they make it worse for me.

steve

• Upvote 1

UK2000 EGLL and PMDG 777 - and you are on the edge, even with high-end hardware

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

OK Dave I see now why your asking.

First

Delete your config, let it build a new one. like Steve said don't add any tweaks, I only run a AM but forget that for now.

Turn OFF AI, I use MT6 BUT I can only run it at 5% (its very good even at that) 10% is a big hit, I did run Air Traffic manage but that can give when I went to P3D v3 stutters as it culled the unneeded aircraft.

Second

Orbx Vector, Stefan get OOM's well you will unless you turn a lot off within Vector. (Default Vector is over 300MB)

Turn auto gen down to Normal or one above that.

Dont run Orbx UK if your flying tubes your just asking to much, Global-OLC-Vector is all you need.(all I use)

Test

Always Test with clear sky's, no weather engine.

Before going to EGLL, try another airport. e.g. EGNX, at runway 27 I get around 130 fps(UK2000), see if you have bags of fps to spare.

Then

Start without any EGLL addon. What FPS are you getting with default?, facing east is the big hit for fps.

Activate UK2000 and you should get around the same fps, bit less, but no huge hit.

The hardest hit i get is something like gate 517(off the top of my head) a heavy stand facing east. With No weather AI@5% 777 aerosofts EGLL I get 36fps, thats the target I hope you can get.

You have to find what your bottle neck is, weather/AI/Auto gen, more often than not a new config helps a lot.

GL

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Orbx Vector, Stefan get OOM's well you will unless you turn a lot off within Vector. (Default Vector is over 300MB)

Dont run Orbx UK if your flying tubes your just asking to much, Global-OLC-Vector is all you need.(all I use)

Just to update you Dave....

I disabled Orbx England (something that I would never have contemplated doing prior to this problem), reduced Vector to the bare bones and turned down my AI (MT6.0a) to 5%.

Result?   I have now got a bucketful of spare fps's at EGLL and am back in happy land again. It would seem that ,on my system at least, the FTX UK Regions were causing all my troubles.

You know some stuff you!!!

:hi:

Happy to help Dave, Enjoy:)