Sign in to follow this  
mokeiko

PFD Altitude Preselect

Can anyone tell me how this works. I am assuming its for setting a certain altitude when using the VS wheel but the aircraft goes past it. I am not familiar with the Proline 21.

Thank you

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

Hi Francisco,

Instead of dialing in the altitude you want before activating Alt Hold, dial in the altitude you desire AFTER turning  on Alt Hold on.  The alt display will read whatever the altitude was when you pressed the button - then use the knobs to dial in the altitude you want to set.  Then use the VS dial to set the fpm you want.  I don't think Proline 21 systems are supposed to work this way (never really flown one) - but it is the way it's working on this model... My normal routine is to set the autopilot before I take off, but using the C90 GTX I simply set everything up after I've taken off...  it works well then!

Mark

I'll give that a try after work, Thanks Mark

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

I have reported this to Carenado as a bug.

You should be able to set and capture target altitude in Pitch as well as VS mode.

• Upvote 1

Bert

Thank you Bert

Francisco Blas

Actually all vertical modes capture the selected altitude in the real deal, except for APPR.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

This is by far the most ridiculous rendition of an autopilot Carenado has produced.  It seems every mode is flawed. And that, my fellow sim pilots, is saying something.  Hope they fix it soon.

• Upvote 1

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

UPDATE:  I installed Bert's GTN mod and now the autopilot ALTS works.  Thank you Bert!

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

I still don't know how this PFD Altitude Preselect works. Any help would be appreciated.

Francisco Blas

Here is what I do.

On the ground, I select FD, HDG, target altitude, VS, 1500 ft/min.

After takeoff, I switch on the autopilot.

Once it has stabilized at around 140-150 kts, I select FLC mode and

let it climb to altitude.

You can also stay in VS mode, just watch your speed..

Bert

thanks Bert,

I will try this method as well as Ken's on another thread.

fly safe

Francisco Blas