Sign in to follow this  
hychewright

P3DV3.1 Not Detecting CH Products

Hello pilots, I recently downloaded P3DV3.1 and everything went smooth. When I started to assign my controls, p3d did not recognize neither of my CH controls which are Peddles and Throttle Pro ?  It only recognized my MS flight stick. I do not use CH manager and have not yet downloaded FSUIPC4. Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Are you saying that when you go into the Settings/controls they are not in the drop down?

Do they show in your system Device Manager? Which Windows? What else do you have plugged in?

I use ch yoke, rudders, throttle quadrant along with Saitek X-52 and all are recognized. With P3D running, try removing one from the USB port and connecting it to another.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Are you saying that when you go into the Settings/controls they are not in the drop down?

Do they show in your system Device Manager? Which Windows? What else do you have plugged in?

I use ch yoke, rudders, throttle quadrant along with Saitek X-52 and all are recognized. With P3D running, try removing one from the USB port and connecting it to another.

Vic

Hi Vic, Yes the CH products do not show in the settings/controls drop down Box.

CH peddles and Pro throttle do show in the device manager and are working properly.

Using Windows 10 OS

I will try switching ports and see what happens....

Regards

Lamar Wright

That's odd, I too use usb CH Peddles and their throttle quadrant and they work great with v3.1.  I have them plugged into a USB hub, no special drivers or managers, just whatever loads after plugging them in the first time in Windows 10.

Shows up in the controls menu just like the other controls.

Haven't tried using them through FSUIPC as P3D handles them fine directly.

That's odd, I too use usb CH Peddles and their throttle quadrant and they work great with v3.1.  I have them plugged into a USB hub, no special drivers or managers, just whatever loads after plugging them in the first time in Windows 10.

Shows up in the controls menu just like the other controls.

Haven't tried using them through FSUIPC as P3D handles them fine directly.

Hi Solo, my CH products I just found out show up in the settings/controls as "Control Manager ID 001"  and  "Control Manager ID 002".   001 is the Pro Throttle and 002 is the peddles. Is that weird? 

I went ahead and calibrated the throttle and peddles...

The MS stick works fine..... Peddles work fine..... the throttle works but when I slide the throttle forward all the way for Take Off (using default f-22) all I can get in airspeed is 189 knots and no more at full throttle. Jet throttle will not go full forward.

Regards

Lamar Wright

I had the same problem with the CH pedals ( which I didn't have with version 2.5) , and after a long time of trying to get it to work, I just used FSUIPC to add the pedals to V3.  I don't think I could have ever gotten them to work without FSUIPC. I also found out that the slope function in FSUIPC let me tune the response for the rudder for aircraft like the 737, and get it just like I like it

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

That is weird Lamar... just checked, my pedals show up as "CH PRO PEDALS USB" under the control setting page in P3D (same as they do in FSXSE).

Are you using or have you installed any type of CH programming software or special driver in the past?  I haven't on this system and they just plugged in, showed up and worked.  I did have a weird issue on an older machine where they would occasionally drop out and I'd have to unplug and replug them, but that issue hasn't happened on my newest machine.

I unfortunately don't have the throttle quadrant hooked up, currently using my TM Warthog throttles, but they behaved the same when I plug them in... recognized, no special drivers or software, and show up correctly.  I do have to of course set the axes for what I want, but never had the problem you are describing.

Makes me think it's some sort of previous driver or manager you might have installed.

EDIT: Oddly Bob, I've have the same CH Pedals working hassle free in FSX,FSXSE, P3D v2.5, v3.0, and currently v3.1... simply show up and work.  Weird thing this hobby we have ha

Wish I could shed some light on it - I have CH stuff on my W10 P3D system and my W7 P3D system. Although both systems are set up through FSUIPC, they are also recognized in the system and the P3D drop down.

Somehow, something on your system is blocking windows from reading the correct ID of the item.

I'd start troubleshooting by unplugging ALL usb devices. Shut down and restart. Plug in the rudder pedals and restart - see if it's picked up. Then add back the TQ and repeat, etc.

AHA: Control Manager ID - that is assigned by the CH control manager. Somehow you have an old profile being loaded. Run CH manager and disable all profiles.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Wish I could shed some light on it - I have CH stuff on my W10 P3D system and my W7 P3D system. Although both systems are set up through FSUIPC, they are also recognized in the system and the P3D drop down.

Somehow, something on your system is blocking windows from reading the correct ID of the item.

I'd start troubleshooting by unplugging ALL usb devices. Shut down and restart. Plug in the rudder pedals and restart - see if it's picked up. Then add back the TQ and repeat, etc.

AHA: Control Manager ID - that is assigned by the CH control manager. Somehow you have an old profile being loaded. Run CH manager and disable all profiles.

Vic

Well actually this hiccup in trying to get it working in 3.1 , found me using FSUIPC instead, and as I mentioned in the post above, the result is much better calibration of the pedal action due to the slope function in FSUIPC that doesn't exist in P3D. Now the rudder action in the 737 is much more realistic.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Thanks for all that has replied. I may end up using FSUIPC but first I will try suggestions from Vic and Bob and do some troubleshooting, I will report back with my results.  Thanks so much for your help and yes Solo it can be a weird hobby sometimes.

Regards

Lamar Wright

I only use FSUIPC but Lamar's problem starts with something (ch manager?) blocking the system from seeing them. I doubt that fsuipc will see them either. Hope I'm wrong. Easy way to find out - start fsuipc and try to read the rudder input - either will show data or not.

Once you get FSUIPC to read the data - I heartily recommend you program ALL your devices through FSUIPC. It will take a little time the first time you try it but after that, adding or changing settings is a piece of cake. Here is a good tutorial on setting up FSUIPC

http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/SIMSAMURAI+FSUIPC+TUTORIAL.pdf

Vic

Go to CH web site and load their program for direct calibration and control/assignments. It deals directly with the Windows code that interfaces the hardware to the PC.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I use the pedals and CH yoke and I have no problem, you may need the controlled chispset then updated your motherboard is who takes or not USB

Go to CH web site and load their program for direct calibration and control/assignments. It deals directly with the Windows code that interfaces the hardware to the PC.

Thanks Dick, tried calibrating with CH control manager and sim still did not recognize the names of the controls, only the MS flight stick is recognized by name. Going to try my CH yoke next and see what happens. Not giving up !

I use the pedals and CH yoke and I have no problem, you may need the controlled chispset then updated your motherboard is who takes or not USB

Thanks Padolamap, I will try this since my MB has not been updated since I had my PC.

Regards

Lamar Wright

For all those who replied and helped with my CH controls issue of not being recognized in P3Dv3.1,  I found the issue.  All I did was uninstall the CH control manager, unplug all my CH controls, rebooted my system and then plug in all CH controls and fired up P3D and all controls were detected in the control settings page.  Thank you all. 

Regards

Lamar Wright