Sign in to follow this  
BonanzaDude

Building/Planes Floating L64 & KPSP in SoCal

After purchasing SoCal I have hovering buildings, etc at L64 & KPSP.  Probably everywhere but I didn't check.  FTXORBXLIBS_151213 file was installed as well.  Is there something I need to be aware of before isntalling SoCal?  I also purchased Central and Norther Rockies as well.  Waiting to get this sorted out prior to installing the other software.

I have gotten no help on the ORBX forums since my original post on January 3, 2016.  I have run the Vector config file. This screeny is sitting on the ramp with default Prepar3D  KPSP.ORBXissue.jpg

Thanks,

John

John P. Navara

PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H

Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements

https://twitch.tv/Sim_Dude

do you have orbx vector and did you run the AEC configutation scan tool?  KPSP needs to be in the disabled list there. if not then i'm not sure what else, maybe an issue with the order of stuff in your scenery library (KPSP needs to be under the libraries but above the other orbx stuff)

anyway what you are seeing is not normal! i have socal and PSP and they work nicely together so there is definitely something that can fix your problem. it is my understanding that there is an upcoming patch for KPSP that is going to address some other compatibility issues there. (when i posted about my issue with that the dev of KPSP was very helpful in solving it, so you should be able to get some traction on their forums eventually!)

cheers and good luck

-andy crosby

That worked but it's really a crappy way for us users.  Am I better off just moving all the airports listed into the disable side?  I would have to visit every location on the left side to verify whether or not they appear correctly.

Thanks,

John

John P. Navara

generally the ones you want in the disabled side are ones that you have custom scenery for, which presumes that they have their elevations set specifically to work with the way the airport is modeled. disabling all of them means that some of your default airports may end up with the wrong elevation in areas where vector adjusts things.

i just run the auto-config and pretty much it just works, so i don't think about it much :)  i will re-run it periodically if i install some new airports, its just a few mouseclicks and a few minutes.

cheers!

-andy crosby

Looks like something from a Pixar movie! LOL!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

That worked but it's really a crappy way for us users.  Am I better off just moving all the airports listed into the disable side?  I would have to visit every location on the left side to verify whether or not they appear correctly.

Thanks,

John

Lots of times folks disable AEC on a case by case basis as the need arises.  The tool is easy to use once you set up profiles for each region, say, or Global, so it's not so bad.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

OK here is what I did. Removed all the disabled AEC airports and started Prepar3D and had the scenery database update.  I then closed Prepar3D and then ran the configuration tool again.  This time both L64 and KPSP moved to the disabled side without having to do it manually.

Thanks,

John

John P. Navara