Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo05

Opus & Ezdok

Greetings Fellow Simmers,

I have a question with regards to the above mentioned tittle. Can both Opus & Ezdok work hand in hand in P3d V3? If not possible, which would you recommend to use for different views only?

Regards

EZdok works, but a bit tricky to set up.  Not sure about Opus.

It is most likely not possible to use Opus and Ezdok at the same time. Both add extra cameras to the camera.cfg and that will no doubt cause conflicts between them.

I have used EZdok but gave up due to crashes and instability, and constant annoyance with the EZdok window jumping from my primary monitor to my secondary. Now I use Opus, and it has worked without any annoying issues since day 1.

Setting up VC views in OpusFSI is very easy. A great relief after suffering EZCA views setup.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

It is most likely not possible to use Opus and Ezdok at the same time. Both add extra cameras to the camera.cfg and that will no doubt cause conflicts between them.

It is possible, at least in FSX, at least for basic functionality. I tried the Opus demo for the ButtKicker sound management only and found I could can just switch off the 'active camera views' by ticking the appropriate boxes. This lets EZCA control the views. You can switch back and forth live too - just tick 'active camera' on and kill EZCA, or click it off and restart EZCA to switch. I was pleasantly surprised, although in the end the ButtKicker stuff wasn't really much good for me so I haven't bought the full monty.

In my brief experiments I preferred EZCA's motion effects, although some experimentation may have given better results. For TrackIR users I found EZCA's handling of adjusting the eyepoint position on the fly was much better than Opus's 'active camera control'.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

The motion simulation in Ezdok is hard to beat. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS