Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

No Beacon or Strobes on Lear & MU-2

On both my MU2 & Lear35 I have no working beacon or strobe lights. Ive tried everything I could to fix it like unstalling/reinstalling and etc. I run dx9 and I dont have this issue with any other of my addons. It just happens with my FSW aircrafts. All I get is a weird solid red light in the beacon with no flash or effect of any kind and my strobes dont flash at all....not sure if Im somehow missing files from my effects folder or what not but if anyone has any knowledge on what to do that would help me a bunch! Thanks!

As you can see the weird beacon lights and no strobes.

FSX

2016_1_7_18_31_38_134.jpg

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

May I ask what platform you are experiencing this on?

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

May I ask what platform you are experiencing this on?

Good ol FSX

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

The reason P3D V3 and up is having effect issues is because they did a major update and are missing textures for effects like fx_beacon and fx_strobe. The texture calls for fx_2.bmp. This is included in all sims besides V3 and up. They include the effect but not the texture. So someone needs to email P3D and let them know they are missing textures for effects. Also they admit on a post we found that while they made inprovements they also found they made some older effects have issues. So we are still not sure how to make our shockwave effects not look like lasers.

I heard that P3D will have another update and may fix their new light effects that uses camera distance to scale the effect. This causes jets with flames and shockwave lights to slae down in size and this is why they look bad.

i also found that P3D V3.0 and up do have the beacon and strobe effects but for some reason some customers were missing these effects and i can only say it's caused by another addon.