Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

SunSkyJet KPHL ?

Hey Scott,

I've just checked, and on p3d v3.3.5 the bridges are missing...only their shadows still there.

Also, now I can see also some black buildings, but outside the airport perimeter, the airport itself looks great and perform very well. I don't know why those bridges are now disappeared, from v2.5 I never deleted my kphl scenery folder, just activated in new sim.

BTW...as long the airport is working, I don't care too much about those little glitches, but hope that Shez will fix it anyway! :)

Hi Pablo,

Understand - thanks for responding - yep - great airport !

:smile:

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Ian and I are still slowly plugging away at DTW. I currently do not have access to my setup for P3D so cannot confirm about the purple polygon. It could be transparent flatten platform which p3d is treating differently from FSX. Not sure.

Shez

• Upvote 1

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

I had the purple polygon problem in P3D 3.3 and I was able to fix it however I am trying to remember how I did that.  I loaded the bgl in ModelConverterX and I remember looking at the bgl file and seeing the purple polygon inside ModelConverterX.  I either converted the bgl file to a P3D v2 compatible bgl file and it worked, or I deleted the purple polygon model out of the model list and it worked.  I am now not sure exactly what I did.  However I did slew to a high altitude and away from the airport until the polygon appeared and after I fixed it the polygon no longer appeared again.  I first noticed it on a flight that passed over KPHL at high altitude.  You might try to use MCX and see if you can fix it that way.  I checked quickly on the ground at KPHL and I could find no problems with the fixed bgl file however I have not made a full flight in or out of that airport yet.  I was mainly trying to fix it due to the view it caused while flying over.

Brandon Thetford

Interesting. Let me see if this is a quick fix and I can send it to users who want it.

Thanks.

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

So I am home now at the computer and now I remember what I did.  The pink box is contained in the file anim.bgl.  I tried to convert this file with MCX but it did not work so I renamed anim.bgl to anim.OFF to disable it.  That fixed the pink box and I couldn't find any problems with the scenery so I left it at that.  I realize this may stop some animations or something but I was willing to make that trade off so the scenery would work in Prepar3D.  Sorry for the confusion....it seems I did not fix it using MCX.  I have attached a screen shot below showing what the box looked like before I disabled that file.  I have converted so much scenery I couldn't remember what I had done for sure.

Brandon

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8PKlIxLCee3YXB5dXFScGp2eDg/view?usp=sharing

• Upvote 1

The pink box is contained in the file anim.bgl. I tried to convert this file with MCX but it did not work so I renamed anim.bgl to anim.OFF to disable it. That fixed the pink box and I couldn't find any problems with the scenery so I left it at that.

Outstanding, appreciate the tip.

Dan Downs KCRP