Sign in to follow this  
Albin

P3d v3 pmdg and simconnect

I have installerad aerosoft Airbus and pmdg 737/777 for p3d v3. And When I start the flight with the pmdg it's black screens and all buttons are non-clickable. Same with the Airbus. But after I installed simconnect, P3D folder > redist > Interface > FSX-SP2-XPACK > retail > lib > then install SimConnect.msi. And now the Airbus work perfect but when I load a pmdg aircraft and start the flight I just hear a click and than p3d crashes. I have tried reinstall but doesn't work. In fsx I also hear a click and than the aircraft loading. But now it crash. Pls help.

Here is an picture. https://ibwilq.dm2303.livefilestore.com/y3mf2uH9qP5pbyqPxuzdsDaOoJimfLiawqACg1ZagWxjIlRdYF628-iKPvy9k8jj2EWVo15feB8U00R1syF1MRwtg4csY6MVlACW6J6KKl1JCI-Wlx7uoGJiu113EOj6jDNH_M-aosoyxkbBGk5YUNvHuWyX27pIa6sQiCVbvj8vwE/2016-01-04.png?psid=1

Edit: the picture is before installing simconnect.

I have installerad aerosoft Airbus and pmdg 737/777 for p3d v3. And When I start the flight with the pmdg it's black screens and all buttons are non-clickable. Same with the Airbus. But after I installed simconnect, P3D folder > redist > Interface > FSX-SP2-XPACK > retail > lib > then install SimConnect.msi. And now the Airbus work perfect but when I load a pmdg aircraft and start the flight I just hear a click and than p3d crashes. I have tried reinstall but doesn't work. In fsx I also hear a click and than the aircraft loading. But now it crash. Pls help.

Here is an picture. https://ibwilq.dm2303.livefilestore.com/y3mf2uH9qP5pbyqPxuzdsDaOoJimfLiawqACg1ZagWxjIlRdYF628-iKPvy9k8jj2EWVo15feB8U00R1syF1MRwtg4csY6MVlACW6J6KKl1JCI-Wlx7uoGJiu113EOj6jDNH_M-aosoyxkbBGk5YUNvHuWyX27pIa6sQiCVbvj8vwE/2016-01-04.png?psid=1

Edit: the picture is before installing simconnect.

Full names in the forum, please - first and last.

See here: http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a112/important-and-nearly-foolproof-steps-to-running-your-pmdg-product-in-prepar3d-v3.aspx

Specifically step 1.

Kyle Rodgers

I Will change My name. And I have Done all the steps but still a crash

it says in the settings that I can not change my name until 180 days.

I Will change My name. And I have Done all the steps but still a crash

it says in the settings that I can not change my name until 180 days.

Not asking you to change you login name - simply type your name at the bottom of each post.

Did you install ALL of the SimConnects, as referenced in that link?

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Just remember to write your name in your post when in PMDG forums... like this:

--Peter Fabian

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib There it's one .msi file called simconnect and that one I installed.

So I installed one simconnect.

-Albin Eldebro

You have to load the PMDG planes via the SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=0 change the 0 to 1 before you load. This is in your main P3D cfg. When you get the scenario screen select your PMDG plane and load it directly. It preserves the Simconnect settings that PMDG looks for. When you load from another plane like a default, the connection is lost. Just make sure you have run your Simconnect set up first as per PMDG instructions.

• Upvote 1

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Then make sure you run the simconnect setup as per instructions here in the PMDG forum.

These came with the updated P3D V3 files, it's a readme file.

1) Navigate to this folder:
    <P3D root folder>\redist\FSX-RTM\lib

2) Run the SimConnect.msi installer file inside the folder.

3) Navigate to this folder:
    <P3D root folder>\redist\FSX-SP1\lib

4) Run the SimConnect.msi installer file inside the folder.

5) Navigate to this folder:
    <P3D root folder>\redist\FSX-SP2-XPACK\lib

5) Run the SimConnect.msi installer file inside the folder.

Once you have all six steps completed, you should be all set!

If you require further assistance, please contact our support
team at:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Lee H

p3d still crashes. Here is an video https://youtu.be/-NjnnD1JRpU.

When the video ends is when p3d crashes

edit: the video is after the scenario has been loaded and the sound is the way I hear, then crashes it.

edit: the video is after the scenario has been loaded and the sound is the way I hear, then crashes it.

Earlier, you said you installed only one SimConnect file after I asked if you'd installed all of them. Later, Lee posted the entire SimConnect guide. In order to help you here, this needs to be a two way street. If we ask questions, we absolutely need to have them directly answered before we can mark that off and continue on to the next possibility. Have you installed all of the SimConnects, or just the one?

Additionally, if you're into making videos, I think a much more important video would be you showing us how you load your sim.

Kyle Rodgers

p3d still crashes. Here is an video https://youtu.be/-NjnnD1JRpU.

When the video ends is when p3d crashes

It is possible you have a faulty installation of your PMDG craft or even of P3D. Try uninstalling the PMDG completely and then make sure you download the current most up to date installers from the PMDG site and start over. Make sure you have the newest FSUIPC and if you use FSDT products, make sure it is the current and most recent Addon manager you have installed.

Lee H

Now I have three simconnect installed, as Lee posted. I have tried to reinstall pmdg and the three simconnect but doesn't work. So maybe I should reinstall p3d. Also have the latest version of the pmdg aircrafts. So I don't know what the problem is.