Sign in to follow this  

Hi hope someone can shed some light or point me in a direction for a bit of help on this problem that seems to have not long started. with my flightsims

I keep getting a bluescreen with the bug code ending in 124 it appears that the driver hal.dll caused the problem  and caused by address hal.dll+12a3b.

It seems also that ntoskrnl.exe may be playing a part as using bluescreen view  highlights this in red.

I tried an experiment using both fsx and p3d from same airport same runway and same aircraft and it happens at almost the same point every time.

I am using Orbx global, is it possible that this may cause the problem as the scenery is ran on both systems.

Kind of stuck on what to do or try I have kept the dump file if anyone wants to look at it.This ones way above my understanding.

I should probably add that fsx and p3dv3 are on different drives

Thanks for any advice you can give

Pete Little

BSODs are almost always the result of bad drivers or bad hardware. If it's blue-screening in HAL.DLL it's likely a hardware problem.

Are you overclocking anything? What video card do you have?

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Hi Luke

I have a 980ti,however although I'm not certain yet as I still need to do more testing I have just gone from a 780ti to the 980 but it has been doing it with both cards.

But as I don't bluescreen except when i'm flightsimming and my cpu OC has been fine since I bought it,I've started to wonder if the issue might be to do with my joystick (Saitek x55) as I only really use this for simming. 

I decided to uninstall the drivers and download the newest available on Saitek's site.Then reinstalled them and ran the scenario again, this time I did not get a bluescreen. I don't know if this is the problem or not but I'm hopeful

I have also removed the affinity mask from the p3d cfg at the moment but will add that back in after a few more trials and see if that has any effect.

cheers

Pete

Pete Little

Is your PSU up to the extra Power for the 980ti?

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

I had thought about this.It should be as its a 950watt psu

I still need to play around a bit more but I"m not sure really on the best way to go about eliminating potential suspct issues

Pete Little

Hi Luke

I have a 980ti,however although I'm not certain yet as I still need to do more testing I have just gone from a 780ti to the 980 but it has been doing it with both cards.

But as I don't bluescreen except when i'm flightsimming and my cpu OC has been fine since I bought it,I've started to wonder if the issue might be to do with my joystick (Saitek x55) as I only really use this for simming. 

I decided to uninstall the drivers and download the newest available on Saitek's site.Then reinstalled them and ran the scenario again, this time I did not get a bluescreen. I don't know if this is the problem or not but I'm hopeful

I have also removed the affinity mask from the p3d cfg at the moment but will add that back in after a few more trials and see if that has any effect.

cheers

Pete

Your OC may have been fine prior to this recent issue, but you should still set to optimised defaults and see how you go. Wouldn't be the first time an overclock that was thought to be stable, eventually caused a blue screen.

It's easy enough to try it without the overclock, so worth doing, that way you can eliminate it as a variable.