Sign in to follow this  
joejccva71

Settings on MAX with addons and scenery and buildings aren't as good as I've seen in videos

Does anyone know how I can get all those buildings to show up on the ground when flying low?  I see some but there's alot of empty space in cities, etc. like Los Angeles and Boston.  I've seen some videos on Youtube where the scenery looked absolutely incredible and FULL of buildings and stuff.

My addons are:

- FTX Global Base

- FTX Global Vector

- FTX OpenLC Europe

- Ground Environment X Enhanced

- Ultimate Terrain X - USA and Europe

I'm also running that "DX10 Fixer by Steve" program.  I use Nvidia Inspector and have tweaked the settings based on another DX10 FSX user that has a Youtube video on it.  

I have 8x super-sampling enabled and 8x anti-aliasing enabled (Anisotropic).

Every graphic setting including Autogen and Scenery Complexity is set to MAX.

My computer specs are:

i5-6600k 3.5 Skylake CPU overclocked to 4.2ghz

8gb RAM

Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce

I still get around 60 fps even on max settings but it doesn't look like the graphics are as good as in some videos i've seen.  

Can someone tell me what I need to do to fully push the limits on this thing?  I want to see EVERY building and tree, etc.

Thank you in advance.

Ground Environment/Ultimate Terrain and the FTX Global/Vector stuff do the same sort of thing, and probably shouldn't be used simultaneously.

Well, most video are processed afterwards to look more appealing!

But in terms of visuals in FSX you should use REX..

ORGX GLOBAL+REX+ASN with the right settings will get you there in my opinion.

Does anyone know how I can get all those buildings to show up on the ground when flying low?  I see some but there's alot of empty space in cities, etc. like Los Angeles and Boston.  I've seen some videos on Youtube where the scenery looked absolutely incredible and FULL of buildings and stuff.

Pretty much the only thing you can do, since you have FTX Global, is turn up the Autogen slider. That will place the max amount of buildings and trees. Other than that, the only way to have more buildings show up in a specific area is to buy an airport/city scenery where buildings are intentionally hand placed. For example: Flytampa Dubai, Taxi2Gate MMMX

Jim Schroeder

i9 9900k @ 5.0ghz | Gigabyte GTX1080ti | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3600 

Ground Environment/Ultimate Terrain and the FTX Global/Vector stuff do the same sort of thing, and probably shouldn't be used simultaneously.

Well, most video are processed afterwards to look more appealing!

But in terms of visuals in FSX you should use REX..

ORGX GLOBAL+REX+ASN with the right settings will get you there in my opinion.

So you guys are saying that Orbx FTX Global does the same thing as Ground Environment X and Ultimate Terrain X?

I thought they all worked well with one another.  I read here that they work together: http://fsxgetstarted.com/scenery/

Hmm so which ones should i install with FTX Global and FTX Vector?

Under [Terrain] in your FSX.cfg, if you don't already have this then it can be added and the numbers adjusted

up or down as necessary.  I have my numbers set fairly low.

[Terrain]

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=300
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=400

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

[Terrain]

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=300

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=400

These setting define the effective max scale value for the in-sim sliders.  The max for both is 6000 and the defaults are 4500 and 3000 respectively.  These setting must be added to the fsx.cfg if they are to be changed.  Read more about it here.  I've had excellent results maxing these values, much to the detriment of FPS in some areas.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

So you guys are saying that Orbx FTX Global does the same thing as Ground Environment X and Ultimate Terrain X?

I thought they all worked well with one another.  I read here that they work together: http://fsxgetstarted.com/scenery/

Hmm so which ones should i install with FTX Global and FTX Vector?

They do not work well - not sure where in the linked page you see that.  I think it would be wise to understand what each product does:

• FTX Global and GEX are scenery texture replacements.  They do the same thing.  
  • UTX sorta does the same thing as Vector + Open LC.  You can use UTX with FTX Global but adding Vector into the mix is not recommended.

Hope this helps.

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

They do not work well - not sure where in the linked page you see that.  I think it would be wise to understand what each product does:

• FTX Global and GEX are scenery texture replacements.  They do the same thing.  
  • UTX sorta does the same thing as Vector + Open LC.  You can use UTX with FTX Global but adding Vector into the mix is not recommended.

Hope this helps.

I wasted money on GEX and UTX then.  It's my fault I should have done more research first.  I appreciate the help man.  

I wasted money on GEX and UTX then.  It's my fault I should have done more research first.  I appreciate the help man.

No not at all! GEX and UTX do different things and work well together as do FTX Global and UTX. What doesn't go together is GEX and FTX Global because they are both texture replacements.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."