Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

737-200 Tutorial Flight

Just started flying the MilViz 7373-200ADV. Is there such a thing as a Tutorial Flight?

I have more or less less managed to get the hang of this aircraft( I have flown the PMDG 737s.and 777s, and the AS Airbuses), but cannot get the FMC to follow the VNAV or set the VNAV in the FMC. When I try to set a crossing altitude, say 7000 and try to set the TGT V/S, if I select 1500 I get ALT TOO HIGH and the FMC locks out. In other words I cannot try to correct it. It stays stuck at ALT TOO HIGH.

I have installed the latest V-ONE Gauge v.2.0.

I'm flummoxed. I can get the aircraft to cruise level, follow the LNAV plan, but cannot get it to descend as per the FMC.

Any tips/help appreciated. Thanks.

Hi! Rick,

Where do I find V-ONE Gauge v.2.0?

Thanks,

Jose Luis

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Here, in Avsim's Library, which is where I found it. But beware, you will have to do a fair bit of editing.

It seems that I may have found part of my answer, in the FMS in the SP77 is inop, but I opted for the SP177. So, am back to square one.

In the SP77 variant, the FMS was added at user request. However, the SP77 autopilot simply will not work with any FMS, as it is too ancient! For that matter, even the FD is "advisory only" since there is no connection whatever to the SP77...

Thus the FMS is simply there for flight planning and "advisory" informational purposes. Well, it also looks a lot cooler than just a boring blank panel... :He He:

With regards to your question about FMS usage, there is a fairly comprehensive manual that describes the UNS1-F, and there are some good threads to read in the official support forum at http://milviz.com

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for the answer, Fr. Bill. But I use the SP177, which works fine with the FMS, the AP, the FD, tracks the flightplan, levels off at the pre-selected ALT. Problem I have is trying to get the VNAV to follow the pre-selected FLs.

I've downloaded all the instruction manuals but still cannot get it to work.

The vnav is not working properly in this aircraft.  It was never designed to do so and so, it doesn't.

Sorry.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Ah, well, thanks for that definitive answer. Saves me having to chase my tail trying to find an answer following the Universal FMC Manual.

Thanks for that update.

The FMS was added to this aircraft as an afterthought and was never supposed to be considered (though it now doesn't surprise me that it is) a serious element of this product...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.