Sign in to follow this  
Nick Dobda

the NGX and EZDok

I kind of already skewed off on a tangent on somebody else's thread, so I figured I'd better start my own.

I've been looking around for hours trying to get a few questions answered, I would like to post the questions here, as they are simple questions and folks around here are generally extremely up to date and knowledgeable on these subjects.

The other thread convinced me I need to purchase EZDok, which I will be doing tonight.

Surely there is a free benchmark somewhere of preloaded camera profiles as well as vibration profiles for the PMDG NGX 737? I've read Angle of Attack had the best for awhile, and people were saying AOA was going to distribute them out for free, but either they did or they didn't... and surely I can't find them out there today.

Can someone point me in the right direction to download

A) a good basic camera profile for the PMDG NGX, and

B) a good basic vibration profile for the PMDG NGX

Thank you!

The Avsim library is a wonderful place to start.   :wink:

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

I kind of already skewed off on a tangent on somebody else's thread, so I figured I'd better start my own.

I've been looking around for hours trying to get a few questions answered, I would like to post the questions here, as they are simple questions and folks around here are generally extremely up to date and knowledgeable on these subjects.

The other thread convinced me I need to purchase EZDok, which I will be doing tonight.

Surely there is a free benchmark somewhere of preloaded camera profiles as well as vibration profiles for the PMDG NGX 737? I've read Angle of Attack had the best for awhile, and people were saying AOA was going to distribute them out for free, but either they did or they didn't... and surely I can't find them out there today.

Can someone point me in the right direction to download

A) a good basic camera profile for the PMDG NGX, and

B) a good basic vibration profile for the PMDG NGX

Thank you!

You haven't really said which platform you are using. P3D or FSX/ FSX SE? This make a a massive difference to how much pain you have trying to install Ezdok.

I gave up trying to install in P3D v3.

The last I saw... it was in Beta for p3d v3, however that was a few weeks ago. It might have changed since. Got no help what so ever on the flight1 forum.

It is not really PMDGS responsibility. It works with every A/C installed. One thing I would recomend is do a back up your Prepar3D.cfg, as Ezdok will clear out you exhisting key binds.

It was very nice to use when it did work in FSX.

I have had Ezdok for about 7 months. I watched a couple of videos on youtube, installed it in P3D V2.5, and then 3.0-3.1 without much difficulty. Just takes watching videos and reading the manual, and checking the Ezdok forum if you run into problems,  and when you get it installed, you won't fly without it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

All,

I understand this EZ Doc isn't PMDG's deal - what I was looking for was some settings for the program to use with EZDoc that work with AVSims aircraft, specifically the NGX.

I will look in the file library - eventually

I am having issues getting it to work in FSX - SE.

Its just not popping up in the addons tab in FSX.

I'm about to have a melt down as I have been spending the past 3 hours learning how to configure 3 screens with eyefinity - learning on the fly from the internet. Finally got it up and running and working with FSX, install EZDok and now its not popping up like it should.

The internet is terrible when you have no idea what you're looking for. Genearlly here in the AVSIM forums you folks have been awesome and so helpful. As a previous poster mentioned, this isn't AVSIMS problem, so its back to the internets I go.

Thanks everyone.​​​

Part of the problem is the e-comm wrapper that flight1 use, which can get  blocked by a virus scanners, (a false positive). I suspect a lot of these problems are caused by virus scanners, and ownership of folders, permissions etc etc.

I have had Ezdok for about 7 months. I watched a couple of videos on youtube, installed it in P3D V2.5, and then 3.0-3.1 without much difficulty.

That's the trouble, not much use for somebody who has skipped 2.5, and straight into P3d v3.1 or FSX SE.

I got some help from their help forum. I was worried that would be trouble consindering some comments about their help boards.

It was kind of frustrating - the program I downloaded wasn't compatible with Steam, and there were two updates I had to perform in order to make it work. This would have been helpful to have been put in the instruction manual that came with the program. That was 3 hours of working late into the night for nothing.

,At least its working now​​.

Thank you for your posts, once I get familiarized with the program, Ill check out the AVSim files as someone suggested, and probably resurrect this thread with any PMDG 737 / ezdoc questions.​

I got some help from their help forum. I was worried that would be trouble consindering some comments about their help boards.

It was kind of frustrating - the program I downloaded wasn't compatible with Steam, and there were two updates I had to perform in order to make it work. This would have been helpful to have been put in the instruction manual that came with the program. That was 3 hours of working late into the night for nothing.

,At least its working now​​.

Thank you for your posts, once I get familiarized with the program, Ill check out the AVSim files as someone suggested, and probably resurrect this thread with any PMDG 737 / ezdoc questions.​

I think you will find that just tweaking the settings every time you fly, will eventually get them the way you want them rather than using someone else's settings. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I have had it from day 1 with FSX. WONDERFUL!!!

This is really a piece of software that you need to toy with and learn well, it will make all the difference in your sim experience. Enjoy yourself through this process. Basically what I did, is get a front view from the Captain's seat (which I have to tweak from time to time depending on where in the globe you are flying), and other realistic views from the captains seat towards the CDU, Radio panel, overhead panel, mcp etc. Do the same for the First officer if you want to fly from the right sometimes, I also have a view from the jump seat. Enable the zoom with mouse wheel for these views. Setting up your outside views and world views is another story.

Yeah, I can't imagine flying without it nowadays. PMDG did so well with the VC, using the 2D panels will take away from the experience. I have 8 buttons used for views, and the point to point is really cool, kinda like moving your head to get into a better position to see things. 

And the ability if you have time to do a quick walk around, tats one of the cooler things. Add on GSX adds just another cool thing to look at while you're out and about plus a few more sounds to hear. Oh, yeah and the view shaking with turbulence... the sway with turning... etc - it really is a great addition.

I gave up on Ezdok on P3D v3.3 - far too complicated

Now I'm using Aivlasoft Simplecam. So straightforward to setup and use.

You setup all your views in a minute.

And it's cheap too :)

Oh yes, just views, no shaking !

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Was the setup too complicated? I had serious issues too, but worked through them with their online support. 

One of the forced automatic windows 10 updated disabled it a while back - their support forum figured out a solution for that too. 

I agree, it was a serious pain for awhile, but it was worth it. 

It's really good when it works.

That's the trouble with flight sim. You need a plug-in to make the cameras work they way they're meant to.

I wish it was default.

I use it in FSX:SE with the NGX and 777.

Absolutely love this addon.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png