Sign in to follow this  
cbrdriver

Question about "Old Panel States"

I've been guilty of saving my flight at the arrival gate, then having FSX skip the opening "choose your flight screen" The convenience was just too great.

I've also found that doing that at the departure gate, after setting up the FMC then closing the sim will result in having that flight still set up in the FMC when reopening FSX.

I understand that both scenarios will result in me using an old panel state. . .

But what if i save the flight at arrival gate, setting it as default, then choosing that flight, without change, from the "choose your flight screen."

Will that give me a fresh panel state?

This just seems a bit cloudy to me.

Thanks

John Anderson

Windows 10, FSX:SE

I5 4690k

GA-Z97M-DS3H

EVGA GTX 950, 2GB

In each case you are loading the panel state you saved from your last flight. Making it your default state doesn't make it a fresh state. I wouldn't worry about using an old state unless something strange happens. If so, discard that old state and start the next flight fresh with a PMDG panel state.

ki9cAAb.jpg

But something strange was happening.

My Virtual CDU was apparently not getting good data.

So, too get a "fresh state," i shouldn't save the flight at all? Or i should choose a different aircraft from the opening screen?

John Anderson

Windows 10, FSX:SE

I5 4690k

GA-Z97M-DS3H

EVGA GTX 950, 2GB

your opening   screen should  be  a trike, not  pmdg  or  any other  payware  aircraft   than  you can  select whatever  you like

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg