Sign in to follow this  
mikelockwood

No ai traffic at EGMC Southend

Hi all,

I using Steve Colley's excellent Addon freeware airport for Southend. Unfortunately, when I use VOX ATC I have no AI traffic present. I use WOAI and this works fine when using FSX ATC. I've written to Steve and Tegwyn at VOX but no one appears to have a solution. I'm just wondering if anyone else has come across this problem at this airport or had a similar experience with an Addon airport that may help me resolve this.

Many thanks,

****MIKE****

Hi all,

I using Steve Colley's excellent Addon freeware airport for Southend. Unfortunately, when I use VOX ATC I have no AI traffic present. I use WOAI and this works fine when using FSX ATC. I've written to Steve and Tegwyn at VOX but no one appears to have a solution. I'm just wondering if anyone else has come across this problem at this airport or had a similar experience with an Addon airport that may help me resolve this.

Many thanks,

I think VOXATC looks at planes size relative to parking size different from deafault atc. VOXATC will consider a plane too big for a parking as oppose to default atc especially with addon airports. I have flytampa omdb and with VOXATC, i don't see any a380s parked at all unlike the default atc.

Also, when i am flying the dash-8 or Aerosft A320, VOXATC will always assign me heavy gates after landing.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Hi Naïf, thanks for the reply. I have checked with the airport developer regarding the parking sizes and they take at least A320's. EGMC usually has Easyjet A319's landing there plus some GA so I don't think that size is the problem.

I welcome any further suggestions though

Many thanks

****MIKE****

Hi Naïf, I still can't understand why there's no traffic whatsoever, surely I should still see some small GA traffic using VOX ATC. I rechecked my emails that I have received from Steve who designed the airport and this what he wrote:-

"My Southend version has:

Gate Parking (Commercial airliners)

10x Gate Small 18m (same size as standard, fits up to A321, my AI easy jet's park here)

3x Gate Medium 23m (none in standard, fits up to B757)

Ramp Parking

4x GA 16m

3x GA Large 14m

3x GA Medium 10m

4x GA Small 6m"

So although I understand what you are saying about the differences in interpretation between VOX and FSX atc surely I should see something using VOX???

Keep the suggestions coming though, I love this airport and am determined to get to the bottom of this.

Many thanks

****MIKE****

This happends for me too at some airport slthoughI know the airport has sppropriate Gates. Inverness is one empty place with vox but crowded emabling default ATC settings. I also wrote to Tegwyn about this but no solution.

Mike