Sign in to follow this  
Hardy6

Down load to Steam

Can I install my PMDG software to Steam. I have the 737 and 747. Thanks Stanford

Can I install my PMDG software to Steam. I have the 737 and 747. Thanks Stanford

If it's the 737 for FSX, then yes. Make sure you have the latest installer (if you've purchased or downloaded the installer within about a year ago or so).

The 747 might work, but we do not support it in Steam.

Kyle Rodgers

A window pops up asking to modify it, repair or remove. If I use remove, does it take it out of regular FSX. I have a lot of planes painted, would like not to lose them. The down load installer is with in last year. Thanks Stanford

A window pops up asking to modify it, repair or remove. If I use remove, does it take it out of regular FSX. I have a lot of planes painted, would like not to lose them. The down load installer is with in last year. Thanks Stanford

Yes - it will install for both FSX:SE and old FSX, so it will remove the existing FSX version for good reason (those updates).

Copy the extra (non-PMDG) livery entries into a temporary text document. Drag the extra (non-PMDG) liveries onto the desktop. Uninstall via the Control panel. Reinstall with the new installer. Copy the livery folders into the new aircrafts' respective folders. Paste the livery entries into their respective aircraft.cfgs (being careful to make sure the entry sequence numbers are in the correct sequence).

The reason I keep specifying "non-PMDG" liveries is that liveries from us are now downloaded and installed via an Operations Center, making the process a lot more streamlined. In order for this to work most efficiently, the livery should be installed and updated via that function. The new version of the NGX that you install will also install the Operations Center.

Kyle Rodgers