Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Is there a .cfg setting that can darken the overall sim world..?

Folks, is there something that I can set, or use to tone down the 'brightness' of FS9?

I'd like my FS9 a little darker than what it is now...default...and just like in XPlane, in that, you have a setting that can be set to a higher, or lower number to do just what I am asking....

Mitch

Well, I guess that I answered my own question...and that is finding and using enbseries

Downloaded it...set up the .cfg and it does what I want very well...here's the result:

enbseries.png

enb2.png

enb3.png

Here's my custom enbseries file:  It really brings out the depth and ground detail, but does not alter too dark the sky, or any plane surface:  The original had way too much color saturation, even for the dawn picture above. That is default. I have corrected this, and have brought up great ground detail, without making it look garish, or not life-like. Try it out...you might like the difference....

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=0
InitProxyFunctions=0
ProxyLibrary=
[GLOBAL]
UseEffect=0
AlternativeDepth=1
AllowAntialias=0
BugFixMode=0
SkipShaderOptimization=0
QuadVertexBuffer=0
EnableShaders_3_0=1
UseMRTRendering=0
AdditionalConfigFile=enbseries2.ini
[EFFECT]
EnableBloom=1
EnableOcclusion=0
EnableReflection=0
EnableMotionBlur=0
EnableWater=0
EnableShadow=0
DepthBias=0
EnableDepthOfField=0
[iNPUT]
KeyUseEffect=123
KeyBloom=120
KeyOcclusion=121
KeyReflection=122
KeyCombination=16
KeyScreenshot=44
KeyShadow=119
KeyWater=118
KeyShowFPS=106
[REFLECTION]
ReflectionPower=60
ChromePower=60
UseCurrentFrameReflection=1
ReflectionQuality=1
ReflectionSourceSpecular=50
ReflectionSourceTFactor=50
UseAdditiveReflection=1
ReflectionDepthBias=0
UseLowResReflection=1
ReflectionSinglePass=1
UseEnvBump=0
EnvBumpAmount=100
EnvBumpOffset=100
ReflectionFlip=0
[bLOOM]
BloomPowerDay=7
BloomFadeTime=400   
BloomConstantDay=1
BloomQuality=0
BloomScreenLevelDay=30
BloomCurveDay=0
BloomPowerNight=0
BloomConstantNight=0   
BloomCurveNight=0
BloomScreenLevelNight=10
BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=24
BloomAdaptationMultiplier=100
BloomAllowOversaturation=1
BloomMaxLimit=100
[sSAO]
UseFilter=1
OcclusionQuality=2
FilterQuality=1
DarkeningLevel=15
BrighteningLevel=20  
IlluminationLevel=20   
AdditiveIlluminationLevel=25
UseAmbientOcclusion=1
UseIndirectLighting=1
FadeDistance=50
UseForAlphaTest=0
UseForAlphaBlend=0
[colorCORRECTION]
DarkeningAmountDay=35
ScreenLevelDay=30
ScreenLevelNight=15
DarkeningAmountNight=5
GammaCurveDay=1
GammaCurveNight=1
ColorSaturationDay=0
ColorSaturationNight=-2
UsePaletteTexture=0
[WATER]
UseWaterDeep=0
WaterDeepness=20
WaterQuality=0
[sHADOW]
ShadowFadeStart=40
ShadowFadeEnd=80
ShadowAmountDay=50
ShadowAmountNight=40
ShadowScreenLevelDay=40
ShadowScreenLevelNight=30
ShadowQuality=1
UseShadowFilter=0
FilterQuality=2
ShadowBlurRange=30
[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0
MaxAnisotropy=8
ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0
DisplayRefreshRateHz=60
[MOTIONBLUR]
MotionBlurQuality=1
MotionBlurVelocity=0
MotionBlurRotation=0
[PERPIXELLIGHTING]
SpecularColorMin=0
SpecularColorMax=100
SpecularColorMultiplier=100
SpecularGlossinessMin=0
SpecularGlossinessMax=100
SpecularGlossinessMultiplier=100
[DEPTHOFFIELD]
DOFQuality=2
DOFNumberOfPasses=1
DOFFocusRange=50
DOFBlurinessRange=10

P.S.  I am glad to say that I am now one of Sascha's EVO groupies...and very happy to state that!  This is EVO2015, just out of CYYZ Toronto Pearson, bound in the early morning for KOAK  Oakland, California.  The man is a FS9 texture 'magician' ....

That second image is awesome! It matches what I saw returning from Glasgow to Berlin a few weeks before Christmas.

Dear Mitch,

Do you always talk to yourself in forums?

If you need some help in some sort of way, I can make some time to have some conversations with you? When you feel lonely or so?

;-)

Dear Mitch,

Do you always talk to yourself in forums?

If you need some help in some sort of way, I can make some time to have some conversations with you? When you feel lonely or so?

;-)

It's my blog style...

Personally I think it's polite to inform folks if you have found a solution to a question you have posted in a forum.

Personally I think it's polite to inform folks if you have found a solution to a question you have posted in a forum.

+1  :smile:

It sure was an interesting thing to read. It appeared funny to because it looked like you're talking to yourself.

I sure think your posts are helpful, for me they are! I like it when there are new ideas about tweaking fs9 even further.

It sure was an interesting thing to read. It appeared funny to because it looked like you're talking to yourself.

I sure think your posts are helpful, for me they are! I like it when there are new ideas about tweaking fs9 even further.

Well, (large good-natured smile inserted) , most likely It appeared that way.  

My normal M.O., is to 'add' to a post in a sort of 'blog' way...if something also and in addition, I find...comes into play on the thread topic.  I either use a Post Edit comment, or if the post is closed to editing...I will use the respond space...so it could appear that I am holding a conversation with myself, LOLOLOL.

Although, if in old age..I ever do...I know that the conversations will be most interesting.  Actually there is a good joke, and it follows...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A man could be heard from a hospital bed muttering;

​"Some people have stated that they think I have schizophrenic tendencies...and I say to all of them all;  THAT'S OK......for WE ARE JUST FINE WITH THAT!!!"  :wink:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who might find this .cfg file rendered too dark to their monitor or personal taste.  Look for this section, and just set the following number from 35, to let's say to start, 15, and then you can either lower, or raise that number to lighten (lower), or darken (raise) in your FS9 world.

[colorCORRECTION]
DarkeningAmountDay=35

The Blogerator says: "Two blogs at one time is one (or two) too many.

That is his personal opinion.  Just passing it on.

The Blogerator says: "Two blogs at one time is one (or two) too many.

That is his personal opinion.  Just passing it on.

What exactly ARE you passing on?

Besides all these ugly posts I don't see any darker effect with your enbseries tweak. Obvisouly your screens show an early morning situation, half dark, half day - nothing more. 

Bernard

Besides all these ugly posts I don't see any darker effect with your enbseries tweak. Obvisouly your screens show an early morning situation, half dark, half day - nothing more. 

Bernard

The effect is upon the ground...it darkens the exposed ground/field earth. to greater contrast to the snow cover, that only running FS9 without enbseries would depict. The contrast bring out more of the detail, and less light, and washed out.

If you need darker, then just adjust the number that I show, and the world will darken down in tone, more contrast on the land, more contrast on the clouds...etc.

[colorCORRECTION]
DarkeningAmountDay=35  <-------------this should be sufficient to bring out great winter contrast.