Sign in to follow this  
caaront

I have the V speeds set up but the FO does not call them out

And they don't show on the instrument display, it actually says on the side of the display "No V speeds" or something to that effect.

What am I doing wrong?

I would love the FO to call out the V speeds, and rotate, etc...

Aaron Tirrell

you havnt  set  up your  fmc  correctly,  also make  sure  in the cdu   untick the  call outs   as  outlined  in the pdf   fs2crew

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi,

If you have no V-speeds displayed on the PFD, it means that the takeoff speeds are not selected on or have been erased on the takeoff config page of the CDU.

Check it again and select or re-select the takeoff speeds.

I guess it is also the reason why the FO doesn't make the callouts because there is nothing to speak.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

DOH!

Didn't have the knob to the left of the auto brakes set, what setting do I set it to?

I finally got it to call out rotation but not climb out.

At least I am making headway.

Aaron Tirrell

My advice  would  for  you to do the ngx 1 or  2  tutorial in conjunction with the fscrew2  tutorial together,  all your  questions   are  answered  in both of the tutorials

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Didn't have the knob to the left of the auto brakes set, what setting do I set it to?

Hello,

What do you mean? Maybe my English is not that good but I cannot figure out what you are talking about?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

These two knobs are just to the left of the auto brakes selection knob, what do I set them to?

I cannot find the settings in the PMDG 737 manuals that come with the plane.

ScreenHunter_77Jan.1000.195b481.jpg

If the knob on the right is set to the VREF it says "Invalid setting"  or "Invalid input" on the instrument display.

Is there a setting to where the FO will call out all the speeds, or do you have to switch the knob after each speed is reached? - Stupid question.

Aaron Tirrell

Have  you actually   followed  the tutorial  at all,  its  all explained in the pmdg tutorial 2   and  also  explained  on how  to get  the  v  callouts  in the fs2crew  manual  as well might  pay  you to  follow  the tutorial   first

• Upvote 1

Peter kelberg

Thank you, below is my life, I have tried many times to read the tutorial, but I have three unseen text messages just whiler typing this before editing it, I may have to go to the ER, or the scene of an accident, getting through  tutorial may never happen. never have had more than 10 minutes to actually sit at the computer at one time.

Think I bought the wrong aircraft.

I am a Lay Pastor (Assistant Pastor), and this week I have had 2 funerals, prepared sermons for them, I have two services tomorrow and have prepared sermons for them, I have a funeral Monday, have to prepare a message for it, along with running a food pantry and on call at the hospital and nursing home, emergency food for folks, etc...

Sitting with a dementia patient mornings till after lunch, picking my niece up from school, tutoring her, church on Wednesday evening, a recovery class for addicts on Thursday, etc...

At most I get 30 minutes in the sim a couple of times a week.

And 15 minutes to peruse the net here and there sporadically.

I am a disabled veteran and medically retired, and all my pastoral duties, counseling, tutoring, etc... is voluntary but very fulfilling.

I think I made a mistake in buying a complex aircraft, I get to devote if even, ten minutes a day to flying in the sim.

I average 4 hours of sleep a night.

And on top of all the above, I get terrible migraine headaches totally disabling me when they occur.

Retirement is not what it is cracked up to be.

And when fatigue catches me, or I have a migraine I have to turn the phones off.

I cannot turn it off just to browse online, or to fly the sim, as sure as I do the hospital will call, or the PD, or the HP with accident victims or their families requesting a minister, and would hate to miss out on praying a final prayer with an injured person just before they take their last breath, and to comfort their family members.

So actually, P3D, FS2Crew, and PMDG are very low priority for me.

I would love to master them someday, but at this rate I may never do it.

There are always deaths, accidents, hungry people, people on the verge of suicide, folks needing counseling, folks getting married, funerals, in hospitals, etc...

If I have to mow the lawn, or clean the gutters, etc, anything I dislike to do I seem to get no calls to distract me, anything that makes me miserable but has to be done.

Of course if I want to plant a tree, or do anything for leisure, or pleasure, read, relax, eat, or have anything to do on the sim, or computer otherwise than solid intense work the phone will ring every 2 minutes into it and I get called away, without fail.

If I set my clock to wake me up at 6am and lay down at 10pm because I have to rest, I will fall asleep at 10:15pm, get a call at 10:30 pm with an emergency, get back in at 1 or 2am sleep for 20 minutes and get another call, get back at 3am, have to much adrenaline from what I saw to sleep, and at 5:50 am will pass out from pure exhaustion, and the alarm goes off at 6am, no time to hit the snooze.

On the rare occasions I do have spare time with no calls, I am so sleep deprived that my vision is blurred and I am nauseated from the loss of rest, and there can be nothing but sleep then.

It is what I do though.

Another edit, the messages were two prayer requests, and and food request for tomorrow.

It is 2:05 am and I cannot justify anything but going to bed so I can be productive in the morning.

Aaron Tirrell

These two knobs are just to the left of the auto brakes selection knob, what do I set them to?

I cannot find the settings in the PMDG 737 manuals that come with the plane.

ScreenHunter_77Jan.1000.195b481.jpg

If the knob on the right is set to the VREF it says "Invalid setting"  or "Invalid input" on the instrument display.

Is there a setting to where the FO will call out all the speeds, or do you have to switch the knob after each speed is reached? - Stupid question.

Hello,

Ok sorry, I didn't have the NGX loaded so I didn't figure out what buttons you were talking about.

So then, I will point to the documentation, so that you can read about these buttons and how they work:

Have a look at the FCOM v2 page 7.15.4, it will lead you to the correct chapter.

And by keeping them to auto, you are actually correct for a normal flight.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg