Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Dual GTN crossfilling supported ?

Hi Folks,

This is all really GTN related...

I'm enjoying my new dual GTN650 installs in the C310... Question - as I'm not familiar with the GTN series - does it support crossfilling and if so how do you do it ? I can't seem to find a procedure posted anywhere and it doesn't seem to be an obvious feature in the menu...

Just another side note - I guess the F1 GTN doesn't support any of the weather features ???

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

No. Flight1 has stated a few times that crossfilling might be a future option.

Weather is also not presently supported.

Hi Jay,

OK - thanks - just completed my first flight with the units and they work well... KMSV to KACK - - - on approach I see the the ILS for runway 6 is missing @ KACK... Still - the GPS provided lateral guidance - didn't feel like switching to LPV approach... What a great experience - now if I only had one in the real world...

Regards,
​Scott

Does the ILS approach not show up on the GTN as an option?  It does on mine..

Or does it not become active when selected?  Maybe a difference in frequency between GTN and FSX..

Bert

Hi Bert,

It looks like it is missing from the P3D database entirely - as it didn't show on the P3D map... I was 20 miles away and tuned to the ILS freq - with the GTN nav source set for the localizer - no needle deflection... That's why I went to the P3D map and noticed the facility is completely missing in P3D - the opposite runway did have one... 06 definitely has one in real life at KACK...

Thanks...

Regards,
​Scott  

Bert mentioned a very important point. It is not wise to rely too much on the GTN's database for Com or Nav frequencies, as many facilities' frequencies have changed over the past 15 years...

Whenever I plan a flight, I make it a practice to check the sim's database for the correct frequencies in use.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

now if I only had one in the real world...

Haha yeah. Don't we all wish for that.