Sign in to follow this  

Hi, i am looking for help.

I posted it also on SweetFX forum but maybe you Steve already know the problem and resolution?

Basicaly the question is: is will SweetFX work with Fixer (v11)?

So far i have been using succesfully SFX 1.5 + FlightFX. No issues and great visual experience.

Now i decided to move to SFX 2.0 and i cannot start FSX up. It crashes few seconds after launching fsx.exe.

My system: W7 64bit, GeForce GTX970, FSX Acceleration, DX10 mode, Steve's DX10 Fixer, nVidia inspector.

Any advise how to fix it would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Kris

Steve, i think SweetFX 2.0 doesnt have injector dll file. It puts some .fx files and dxgi.dll into FSX main directory and SweetFX folder. Unless i am unaware of somerhing?

The dxgi.dll is the injector (and thus the problem).  Note that I have never looked at SweetFx 2  - I am only repeating what I have seen said.

Got it. Is there any thread you can point me to where a discussion is held and maybe a solution described?

Kyle, one of the pre-release beta versions of Reshade/ SFX 2.0 works.

The only issue i have is that it minimise FSX to desktop each time IT refreshes the effects. It happens more or less once per hour of flight. This is not CTD and i am able to maximise the FSX bacik to full screen easily.

I've isolated the issue to using DX10, dxgi.dll, and clicking the "show desktop" button in Windows 7 (or pushing Window+D). Doing so causes an API.dll CTD every time.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I think it is early 0.19 beta that works for me. But every system is different. Try the last pre-final beta. If it crashes try the previous one and so on untill you get the one that works for you. Its just a matter of changing dxgi dll, you dont need to replace whole package each time.

you dont need to replace whole package each time.

Actually, that part isn't true.  Newer versions of ReShade/SweetFX do need the newest ReShade32.dll/dxgi.dll, otherwise aircraft and other graphics may not even show up at all.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I installed final release version and replaced dxgi only (from 0.18 - just checked it) and it works (effects are applied).

So its true.