Sign in to follow this  
KenG

Quick Review from a King Air Pilot (Part 1)

@KenG you claim with the flight test that you have done that the flight dynamics in the GTX are such real like the RL plane, that its the part most important talking about planes like this, i wanna ask to you if the C90B or the B200 have such good and real flight dynamics, like this one, 

Redgars

RB

Robert,

It has been awhile since I last tried the B200 or the C90B. Carenado has been doing a better job with FDE with each King Air they produce and it really shows in this aircraft. Since Carenado is making updates to its line of aircraft I plan to on them to make an update prior to retesting the B200.

And Eaglesoft's C560+ should have a well modeled PL21!

They just released a video today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDrSGq1grl8

However, I am cautiously watching Eaglesoft as one of their developers has refused to code for Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 and they were planning to lock database updates to RealNav Data as opposed to Navigraph so it will cost the end user more for each update. If this is their business practices then they may produce the best Pro Line 21 based aircraft and I still will not touch it.  The fact you have to boot the OS into Safe mode to load their software is ridiculous.

How does one stop the Cabin pressure from exceeding 10000 feet?  I am tired of the light on almost every flight. Is there any way to stop it?  Carenado doesnt seem to fix anything.  Also why are frame rates so BAD?  I have a monster video card, they FPS should not hover around 12!! lol

Fully discussed on page 1. Carenado programmed the logic wrong so to prevent the light keep your aircraft altitude below FL260 with a cabin at 10,000'

Must be your system on the frame rate. I did not experience any problems with frames between 20 and 30 with a system locked at 30. A P3D user complained about fps also on page 1. I don't own Prepar3D and cannot comment. Works great under FSX:Steam.

Regarding the pressure warning.. it is currently coded by Carenado to go off at 5.1 PSI

And yes, flying at 28000 feet (4.34 PSI) and a cabin at 10000 feet (9.5 PSI) will give you a differential of 5.16..

It is easy in the coding to raise this threshold a bit.

I have raised mine to 5.4 just to turn off the warning.. not sure if that would be legal in the real world though..  :wink:

Edit: and have now gone back to 5.1 and decided to fly at 26,000 feet instead.  That keeps the alarm from going off, and is nicer to the passengers than allowing the cabin to go above 10,000, which is what the real plane does, I believe.

How did you make the changes in the coding? I'd like to know.

Thanks,

Roland

I have this installed on P3d and it is all very nice. However, this is the only aircraft I have that routinely runs me out of virtual memory.

Would anyone have some insight as to why this is the case? (only on this particular aircraft). Are there installation options that could help?

I have Orbx LC and Vector installed as well as the F1 GNS 750.

Thanks

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

How did you make the changes in the coding? I'd like to know.

Thanks,

Roland

I have looked and can no longer find it.. getting old, I guess  :nea:

Bert