Sign in to follow this  
graysuit

Left engine shutdown

Hi all, I would ask you about my problem. Just a few minutes after takeoff the left engine stops, while the right one is operating normally. Have you any suggestion about that? Thanks in advance.

Rob

I know on the 1900D, if you firewall the throttles and push between the end of the yellow arc and 5,000ft/lbs of torque, you only have 20 seconds in that transient range. So, after 20 seconds, you'll most likely lose an engine. If you're in the caution range (yellow), you only get 5 minutes before you might lose an engine. Don't know about the exact torque specs on the 90, but I'm assuming its ballpark. But, all of this won't apply if you're flying in the green and it's a bug with the aircraft itself :wink:

-Chris Crawford

-ATP/MEL

- B737 / B777 / B-727 / EMB-145 / LR-JET

20 seconds, yes. 5,000 ft-lbs, not even close.

Limits_zpsqprqslxg.png

The gauges on the MFD will change colors appropriately as you enter limits. I am not in the habit of exceeding engine limits so I have not checked these limits and how the aircraft responds, however in another thread there is talk of failure modes related to exceeding engine limits. Interesting that Carenado would include a failure mode but not provide the limits.

Limits2_zpsepso08po.png

Yeah I knew the torque was going to be a little off, just not that much! I've only flown the 1900, so I can't give specifics for this one! Didn't know the PT6-67D had that much more power. Thank for the info.

-Chris Crawford

-ATP/MEL

Yeah, 1,200 shp versus 505 shp. The 1900 has more ponies in one nacelle then this whole bird! :wink:

After having  few engine shutdowns in flight I've learned to pay more attention to the torque settings and that seems to have solved the problem.  However, now I am getting shutdowns while taxiing to the runway.  No over torque involved.  I think something is buggy somehow.  Anybody else experience this?

Jim

Hi Everybody. I have not seen any change of color in the MFD's engine indicators when exceeding limits. Am I missing something?

After having  few engine shutdowns in flight I've learned to pay more attention to the torque settings and that seems to have solved the problem.  However, now I am getting shutdowns while taxiing to the runway.  No over torque involved.  I think something is buggy somehow.  Anybody else experience this?

Jim

Maybe you didn't have your engine anti-ice on while taxiing and picked up a bunch of FOD in the engine! Haha, just kidding. Doubt it models that. Probably a bug

-Chris Crawford

-ATP/MEL

Hi Everybody. I have not seen any change of color in the MFD's engine indicators when exceeding limits. Am I missing something?

No as I found out today when I tested the engine failure modeling Carenado decided the changing of color when over-torquing was a feature they choose not to model.

Chris,

I think you may be right.  Can't find my checklist.  Think I may have left it in the intake.

Jim

No as I found out today when I tested the engine failure modeling Carenado decided the changing of color when over-torquing was a feature they choose not to model.

Thanks Ken. It would be nice to have this modeled as visual warning.

Roberto