Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

FS9 EVO1015 Washington State cruising...

Nice shots...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Nice shots...

Thanks...

Sascha's work (EVO2015) is brilliant!  FS9 literally comes alive with it in place. Total transformation.... :Applause:

Night scenes (with an enbseries tweak to FS9) is banging on the doors of XPX's most excellent night rendering, because of FS9's color pallets.

Looks fantastic, Mitch! Awesome pics.

Thanks, glad you like them, Jon......and like I said..for all these months...you were promoting something, as good as gold!

I'm having a blast....flying over all types of terrain and textures...checking EVO2015 out!

Jon, I don't know what Sascha did to the water textures...but FINALLY...FS9 looks like an ocean...and has swells that 'feel' like they are active, and down there. That was the last 'crappy' holdout of FS9...but 'it ain't any more!  :Party: The oceans and lakes LOOK like ocean and lakes, the water color is great.....congrat's to the Dev!

Using enbseries, really brings the 'dramatic' to the scene.  I love it!

Mitch

Mitch,

wonderful pictures.

Welcome to the FS9Evo world!

By the way, it's nice that 3D night lighting works well for you; some users experience significant FPS drop with them. But a solution is under work - and Evo looks so well at day, too.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Mitch,

wonderful pictures.

Welcome to the FS9Evo world!

By the way it's nice that 3D night lighting works well for you. Some users experience significant FPS drop, but a solution is under work.

Hi GeyerH!

Just finding out...that the FS9/EVO2015 world...ROCKS!

I do wonder then, WHY some users do experience significant drops when the 3D autogen is spawning.  After setting up everything from all folders in EVO2015,  I fired up near Detroit Metro...known for high spawn/load...and my 29 (Locked 30) never wavered.  In the last two days, where ever I have flown, my FPS never goes below 29..never dips.  West coast, deserts, islands, mid-west, etc.  I have an older CPU, and a Kepler GTX680 2GB GPU.  

No dipping either with the sim at a DSR 2.x, night or day.  At an airport, or in-flight.

With that stated...what could be dropping other user's FPS!?!?!?!?  I take for granted that some of the users have much more up-to-date system innards that I have!!!!

I hope that a solution does get out...because I have never seen such good lighting performance...and it being visible, right out to the sim horizon! With a little enbseries tweak...it kicks at the door of Xplane nights, minus HDR mode!  My opinion, of course :)

GeyerH, if you would like me to snap a few at night with the FPS counter on..just ask..and I will upload them to this thread.

CPU: i7-975 Extreme overclocked at 4.1Ghz

GPU..as stated, not running overclocked.

12 GB's of high speed system memory

CPU is aircooled.

I'll look if I have some shots from my tests.

Read more about the problem here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/428585-new-autogen-controlled-lights/

I never had any FPS problems with my system, which has slightly worse performance than yours. It seems only dependent on the 3D light objects and their cumulation in big agglomerations.

However, I have deactivated the lights until a solution, and I love my FS9's look nevertheless. For my taste, the tropics look particularly well.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

I'll look if I have some shots from my tests.

Read more about the problem here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/428585-new-autogen-controlled-lights/

I never had any FPS problems with my system, which has slightly worse performance than yours. It seems only dependent on the 3D light objects and their cumulation in big agglomerations.

However, I have deactivated the lights until a solution, and I love my FS9's look nevertheless. For my taste, the tropics look particularly well.

Do you have the sim full out...everything to the right, except mipmaps at no greater than 5?  If you generally don't run all sliders at full...(which I do), please try that...run everything open and nothing restricted.  You might find your FPS maintained...I wonder if CPU cycles are wasted on DUMMING down algorithm thresholds which is what slider bars only are.  I have always had a feeling, that by choking back elements of the rendering, it is in fact costing you more FPS, than if you allowed the sim to fully render out. That HAS been my experience across the board with FSX, P3D, XPX, and most likely FS9 as well.

The only thing that I do not have full to the right, is MipMapping...which I set normally to half its travel 4, or 5 at the greatest.   

I think that Sascha's 3D lights are absolutely kick-a**!

I think that I'm going to fire up EVO at night with the counter on..around Toronto Pearson...and post to you. Not 'bragging' rights..no, but what is actually happening with my specs...and that FPS's can be maintained.  I'll do that right away...

Cheers!

Mitch'er

Joh Aus said:

I LOVE Sascha's water and reckon it's the best I've used. The little white caps add also to the 3d effect and make it more real. 

Plus 100!  It is the best, most DX10-FSX'ish water for FS9 that I have seen.  It looks like an ocean and its swells. I couldn't agree more with you, Jon!

Here are the 3D light shots out of CYTZ Toronto, Ontario, Canada with the FPS meter running:

Full 3D lights autogen...all shots retain 29.8/9 FPS out of a locked 30, so it can be done....

Please left click on the pics to enlarge them.  Toronto waterfront is one of the hardest light scenes, as there are a ton of them in the downtown core,etc.  That's why I chose CYTZ, for just that reason.

enb2016_1_10_22_46_6.png

enb2016_1_10_22_52_31.png

enb2016_1_10_22_52_56.png

enb2016_1_10_22_54_12.png
enb2016_1_10_22_54_37.png
enb2016_1_10_22_55_57.png

Very impressive. Here are some shots from my setting at first, then a view over Seattle from stock KSEA with and without 3D lights.

160111%20Setting%20Scenery_zpsc7j3npgw.j

160111%20Setting%20Hardware_zpsi0117idh.

With 3D lights, day and night:

160111%20Day%20w%20lights_zps7te7i4gg.jp

160111%20Night%20w%20lights_zpsgpupbul5.

Without lights, day and night:

160111%20Day%20wo%20lights_zps4wtbcwbk.j

160111%20Night%20wo%20lights_zpsyw1xu1iy

Normally I have FPS limited to 30. I just wanted to show how significant the FPS drops are. Strange enough, this effect is much more significant at day.

My specs btw: CPU Athlon II X2 260 3.2 GHz overclocked to 3.8 GHz,

GPU: AMD Radeon HD7700

RAM: 4 GByte.

Perhaps this is the problem.

Regards,

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Normally I have FPS limited to 30. I just wanted to show how significant the FPS drops are. Strange enough, this effect is much more significant at day.

My specs btw: CPU Athlon II X2 260 3.2 GHz overclocked to 3.8 GHz,

GPU: AMD Radeon HD7700

RAM: 4 GByte.

Perhaps this is the problem.

Regards,

Harald

Hi Harald...

I looked at what you posted, and I guess you will have to compare your system and sub-systems to mine.  I actually did not truly have all of the EVO 3D lights in any of these shots...but I thought that I did.  What I had done, by error, was to  think that 'more to the party'...that if I also clicked on all my U.T. lights for even roads that I had not asked U.T. to display, for instance, minor, urban, etc....but..I had the lights for them clicked on.

Well...Sascha looked at this pics in this thread and then asked me to please go back to my U.T. settings, and only have Major Roads as ticked.

Well..I did have that only as ticked before he asked me to,..but...again..I guess you can not also have every street light in U.T. and combine that with the EVO2015 3D autogen.  

I then went back to my U.T.....unchecked all the U.T. light selections...and fired up FS9/Evo2015.   The difference was astounding!  I invite you to see the 'real' EVO2015  3D light spawning...when it is not masked by U.T. settings that conflict with it. Look for the post addressed to Sascha, and there are shots that will astound you with the difference between the shots I had in this thread...and then in that one.  That is the correct night view for EVO2015...and not any of the ones in this thread, that were being masked by my light settings in U.T.

As for your almost double the loss of FPS...I simply have no explanation...or can't even offer a  through-the-hat plausible, for why this is happening on your system. Your system isn't lacking.

As you can see though, between this thread's pics..that don't properly spawn Sascha's 3D lights...and the other of mine,  that does...it still didn't make any difference to my constant 29.8/9 out of a locked 30 for my system components that I state in that thread.  So...I don't believe that there is something inherently taxing in his embedded 3D lights within the textures.  If so...I should have seen at least a few FPS drop, when his EVO2015 3D lights were now properly being displayed under full my FS9 graphic sliders.

I invite you to take a look at them, Harald...for your FPS aside for the moment,...I find his work incredible for the old gal FS9......for to see city lights, clear out to the horizon...and so densely packed as well!

A beautiful sight, in my opinion.  From now on..all my EVO2015 shots, will look like that. I now understand what can't be asked for, in U.T. universally, while also having loaded in EVO2015 world texture sets.

Harald, here the link:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/481670-saschaevo2015-devahsome-ut-entries-were-killing-off-your-autogen-mia-culpa/

Cheers, and thanks for sharing!

Mitch

Mitch,

I share your enthusiasm for FS9Evo - even without 3D lighting. Regarding, these, I can only say that other users experience similar effects, so it seems not to be a problem with my system alone. However, as I mostly fly at day, I love the look of my FS9. If you allow, here is the link to one of my screenshot topics which shows Evo from its best side:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/471986-with-the-bonanza-along-the-caucasus/

I hope you like it.

Cheers!

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Mitch,

I share your enthusiasm for FS9Evo - even without 3D lighting. Regarding, these, I can only say that other users experience similar effects, so it seems not to be a problem with my system alone. However, as I mostly fly at day, I love the look of my FS9. If you allow, here is the link to one of my screenshot topics which shows Evo from its best side:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/471986-with-the-bonanza-along-the-caucasus/

I hope you like it.

Cheers!

Harald, just took a look...and VERY nice set of captures!   Very nice!

Cheers,

Mitch'er