Sign in to follow this  
tjeuten

ASN integration no longer working since new installers

That in PMDG SETUP -> SIMULATION the option was set to "CREATE FILE AND LOAD TO FSX"... so if I'm not mistaken that setting is supposed to create a WX.PLN file in the "Flight Simulator X Files" folder and load it into the internal FSX flight planner for ASN to pick it up when you load and activate the route (.rte file) in the PMDG 777 FMC. It did just that prior to the new installers. It doesn't do that anymore since the new ones, at least not on my system...

Uninstalled the T7 completely today by using the uninstallers, and deleting the PMDG 777 related folders in SIMOBJECTS\AIRCRAFT and also in the PMDG folder. Redownloaded the latest installers from the PMDG website (the ones from today actually). Reinstalled.

Still the same issue though... No WX.PLN file is ever generated.

Is there any logging I can activate and send the files to PMDG afterwards ?

Mathieu

Mathieu Souphy

Just tested ASN with the PMDG 777-300ER.   It looks like the 777 is working fine, generating wx.pln files in the proper folder and loading the plan into FSX.  I have a dual install, and it is working correctly in both.

The problem is that ASN needs to be pointed to the correct folder, by using  the Open Flight Plan function and pointing it to the correct folder.  That folder is typically C:/users/[YOUR NAME]/My Documents/Flight Simulator X Files.  For the Steam version on a dual install it's the same except that the last folder is ... \Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files.  You should see the wx.pln file in that folder, and its date and time should change when you activate a new flight plan or change an existing one.  You may need to make a winds request to get ASN to load the flight plan.  When I switched from FSX Box to FSX Steam (I remembered to switch ASN from Box to Steam) it still loaded the flight plan that was in the FSX files folder, not the FSX Steam Edition Files folder.  But when I manually loaded the wx.pln file from the correct, steam, folder, it loaded the correct plan.  I think it will "remember" the correct folder after you point it manually.

I have what I think is the most recent version of the PMDG 777 installed.  Since there are several versions of the new v. 7025 installer around, my base installer (200LR) donwloaded yesterday, has a save date and time (look inside the zip folder) of 1/9/2016 at 12:14 am.  I also have the most recent ASN, SP4 build 5848.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

The problem is that ASN needs to be pointed to the correct folder, by using the Open Flight Plan function and pointing it to the correct folder

Hi mike  where  is  this  option  in  asn,  looked  for the option  in asn but  cant  seem  to find  it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi mike where is this option in asn, looked for the option in asn but cant seem to find it

Hi, Pete,

Just the Flight Plan>Load Flight Plan tab, load the wx.pln file (in the right folder).   At this point I'm not sure that ASN is properly updating when the T7 goes along its route or the plan is modified.  But the T7 seems to be updating the wx.pln file OK.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Mike, thank you for your post, but like I said, my problem lies in the generation of the WX.PLN file.

I have a single install system, only FSX Steam. NOT a dual install.

I have a "My Documents/Flight Simulator X Files" folder. NOT a "My Documents/Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files" folder.

Prior to the new PMDG installers, WX.PLN file was generated fine in My Documents/Flight Simulator X Files folder.

After new installers, no WX.PLN file is generated any longer ANYWHERE. I have scanned my whole computer with a Windows search (all disks) to be make sure it's not being generated at any other location, but it is not.

As it is working for you with the new installers, there must be a condition on my system that prevents the generation of the WX.PLN file. The only problem is I cannot figure out what. Apart from uninstalling and reinstalling the T7 with those new installers, I have made no significant changes to my system in the last few weeks...

I am using an admin account to run FSX.

I have checked the My Documents/Flight Simulator X Files if it is read-only. It is not...

So I'm out of clues really...

One thing that could help me is if a PMDG dev told me how the FMC looks for the folder to save the file in. I suppose it is a registry key ? If so, which one ? Then I could check if that setting is correct...

Mathieu Souphy

One thing that could help me is if a PMDG dev told me how the FMC looks for the folder to save the file in. I suppose it is a registry key ? If so, which one ? Then I could check if that setting is correct...

Hi Pete,

Maybe take a look at the first post by Robert.  Sine you have a Steam-only setup a registry screw-up might well be the problem.  I'm not really sure whom to go to for help.  I'm not a registry guru, but I think PMDG has a tool for fixing the registry.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/481040-02jan16-coexistence-failure-update-2/

Also, looking through this thread, it's very unclear which "new" PMDG installer different people have.  There have been at least three released, maybe more.  Maybe the latest version of the installer fixes the problem -- as it may be related to the "Coexistence" errors which are also registry related.

I think your folder name is correct - Steam's installer only uses different folder names when it detects a dual install.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Just the Flight Plan>Load Flight Plan tab, load the wx.pln file (in the right folder). At this point I'm not sure that ASN is properly updating when the T7 goes along its route or the plan is modified. But the T7 seems to be updating the wx.pln file OK.

Thx  mike  that's  what I had  been  doing   as per  post8  of  mine  in this  thread,  the  strange  part I  didn't  need  to do  this  prior   the update  of  the t7  or  asn   so  cant  say   what   the actually  cause  of  it  asn  or  the update of the t7,  anyways   doing  it  this  way  still works  and only  takes  a  extra  5  seconds  so iam  fine with  it  now

Edit  saw  your edit     guess  have  to wait  till the final update  of  the t7 to come  out   to  see if  it  fixes the issue

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I have a single install system, only FSX Steam. NOT a dual install.

Right, but since I recognize your name here in the forum as not a new one, I'm assuming you had both on the same machine at one point, right?

Kyle Rodgers

Right, but since I recognize your name here in the forum as not a new one, I'm assuming you had both on the same machine at one point, right?

Kyle, correct, but that was before I fresh installed my Windows system (complete reformat) with Windows 10 in August 2015. I have only had a single install (FSX:SE) since then, and as said, the WX.PLN generation worked great until my last flight with the "old" T7 somewhere in December 2015.

Mathieu Souphy

I'm not at my sim computer right now, but just in case this info helps:

I had a similar problem with P3D a few days ago, the WX.PLN wasn't being created by the sim. The fix was to go into the FMC, PDMG Setup, Aircraft, Equipment and set this:

FMC1213.png?psid=1

Now the WX.PLN gets created and ASN loads the flightplan automatically, like it used to.

EDIT: The first line "Auto Preflight Uplinks" was disabled. For some reason, having it disabled was preventing the WX.PLN for being generated. Turning it on fixed it for me.

Edited by PhilH

Thanks for the info Philippe, but I already checked that part of the FMC multiple times and it is configured just like your screenshot, so I'm afraid it's not related to that on my system.

Mathieu Souphy

Thanks for the info Philippe, but I already checked that part of the FMC multiple times and it is configured just like your screenshot, so I'm afraid it's not related to that on my system.

Ok   now  this  is  interesting  but  maybe  its not  related  to our  issue   just  had  a look at my root  folders  and  found   2  wx  folders (have  you)

E:pmdg/wx

E fsx/pmdg/wx

now  the  second  folder  gets  the wx  info in if  I manually  load   the  weather  in asn or  use  the pfpx  import    so  anyone know   why I have  2  wx  folders?  

@ Philh  yes  I  also have  triple  checked my settings  in fmc  and  got  what you have  shown in your post

Peter kelberg

Ok   now  this  is  interesting  but  maybe  its not  related  to our  issue   just  had  a look at my root  folders  and  found   2  wx  folders (have  you)

E fsx/pmdg/wx

now  the  second  folder  gets  the wx  info in if  I manually  load   the  weather  in asn or  use  the pfpx  import    so  anyone know   why I have  2  wx  folders?  

@ Philh  yes  I  also have  triple  checked my settings  in fmc  and  got  what you have  shown in your post

Peter,

I've got only one PMDG\WX folder, and that is located at C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\PMDG\WX, so basically at the location where it is supposed to be, under the FSX root install

Mathieu Souphy

Ok now this is interesting but maybe its not related to our issue just had a look at my root folders and found 2 wx folders (have you)

E fsx/pmdg/wx

Hi, Pete,

Doesn't the Steam version have to be in Steamapps/common/fsx or something similar?  I didn't think there was a way to install the Steam version right at the top level of a drive. (I know it can be installed outside the programs folders.)  If I'm right then neither .../PMDG/wx folder is in the proper location.

Also want to mention there is a newer  version of the PMDG installers, -200LR dated 1/11/2016 1:08 PM.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi mike  thx  for that  but   I havnt  got  the steam version just fsx acceleration pack,  yes  downloaded   the new  version last   night  and  still got  the same  issue

I've got only one PMDG\WX folder, and that is located at C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\PMDG\WX, so basically at the location where it is supposed to be, under the FSX root install

Thx  for  that  solves  that part, does  the asn flight plan get  automatically loaded   for you  since  it  doesn't  for  me   since of the update of  asn

Peter kelberg