Sign in to follow this  
WarHorse47

Proline 21

I'm still on my learning curve with the Proline 21 so hope you don't mind the question.

How does one change the Active Navigation Source on the MFD?  Does that require creating a flight plan?

I typically do short hops to Boeing Field, and the Active Navigation Source indicates Paine Field (PAE) and VOR2.  is this a default setting somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

--WH

Push the NAV/BRG button on the DCP

Operate the MENU ADV knob on the DCP to move the cyan selection box between the Navigation and Bearing menus. The Line Select Keys on the PFD can also be used to move the cyan selection box

Operate the DATA knob or push the SELECT button on the DCP to change the active state. The active NAV Source legend shows enlarged and in green if it is an on-side sensor, or in yellow if it is a cross-side sensor.

To exit the NAV SOURCE menu, push the NAV/BRG button on the DCP. Otherwise, the menu is automatically removed after 10 seconds of no activity.

I could not say it any better then Rockwell-Collins. :smile:

Thanks.  I've got that part figured out, but it doesn't address the issue.

The Active Navigation Source is set to a default which is VOR2, and the Nav2 frequency which happens to be for KPAE.  I haven't figured out how to change that (other than changing Nav2 setting).  I'd prefer having it default to VOR1 in other words.

I can set my NAV SOURCE to VOR1 and my BEARING to the ADF1 as well as CRS1 for my approach and landing.  The Active Navigation Source, however, doesn't change until I approach for a landing and it switches over to LOC1.

I think the labels of PRESET are misleading or confusing at least.

Still some things I don't understand.  No complaints.  Just trying to figure out how to properly navigate using the Proline 21.

--WH

OK, I think they hard coded the VOR2 default as the stby.

Swap NAV 2 to active then use the outer knob (the one that's to the right of the "format" blue text) - scroll though till NAV 1 is up.

Then your standby source should be FMS and you can swap again to make your new stby source NAV 1

I'm pretty sure they modeled it backwards - this is from memory but I'm pretty sure you just turn a knob to change the stby source directly in real life

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan,

I want to say the avionics remembers the last shutdown state, so if you last used FMS1 and VOR1 then that was the way it starts up. As I have never been lucky enough to be the very first guy to ever power on a set of avionics I do not know what happens when the entire system is waken for the first time. But, I do agree FMS and VOR1 would seem appropriate.

It doesn't remember in the C90 Carenado version unfortunately argh!

I didn't mean backwards in a sense that NAV1 should be on stby if FMS is master.  I meant on how to switch it physically.  If I recall the PL21 manual (on the BE20), you rotate the dial and it would automatically change the stndy nav source.  Kind of like the comms.  Rotating the knob you can change the stby first, then swap it into the active.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Is there a way to load FSX flight plans..  I cant seem to find it. Some routes would take forever to hand type in.

I didn't mean backwards in a sense that NAV1 should be on stby if FMS is master.  I meant on how to switch it physically.  If I recall the PL21 manual (on the BE20), you rotate the dial and it would automatically change the stndy nav source.  Kind of like the comms.  Rotating the knob you can change the stby first, then swap it into the active.

You are correct. You should be able to switch the standby (preset) source just by turning the Data knob. I just tested this and at least in my version from Carenado this worked correctly. What was backwards was after you select the NAV/BRG button the large knob should move the blue box, the small knob should select in the box and the select button on the knob should enter the selection. In my version from Carenado that does not work correctly.