Sign in to follow this  
JYD

uploaded scenery not showing up

uploaded my scenery. hasn't showed up for a couple of weeks now. got the e-mail that they received it and all is well. some options posted in this said if there were a problem to download the md5 utility and run it to see if it matches the number in the e-mail. If not, upload the file again.

Well!!................... No instructions on how to use MD5. copy to clipboard doesn't work. No way to use md5 to navigate and open a file.

Sent 3 e-mails back now..... no answer. (used the e-mail link in the e-mail I got).

Would like to know-

1. anything wrong with my file.

2. How to properly (step by step) use md5.

Bob (aka Robert Lacy)

I will forward this to the Library forum and see if the Staff that runs the Library can help you.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim- Thank you for your gracious support and reply. Bob

Hi Bob,

I have personally replied to your 3 emails plus sending you a fourth one on the day you uploaded your file. If you didn't receive them I suggest you check your spam/junk folder, sometimes our emails end up there. Also, adding 'library[at]avsim[dot]net' to your email's white list is a good measure to make sure you receive our emails.

Regarding the MD5 checksum, this is intended to check the integrity of the file we receive to make sure it hasn't got corrupted while being uploaded. Due to how the Internet works, sometimes files get corrupted during their passage through server. For more info, please refer to this: 

http://www.howtogeek.com/67241/htg-explains-what-are-md5-sha-1-hashes-and-how-do-i-check-them/
This may be a bit advanced, but it'll provide you with what you need if you really want to check and compare the MD5 checksum.

Will check this out and get back to you. Thanx again, Bob

I find I cannot attach a file here. If I click on 'image' I get a url request I have none I try to close.... it won't go away.

It was a screenshot of my attempt in command prompt, the old DOS screen. I get file errors yet I installed as per instructions.

I have the Microsoft app in c:\checkfile\fciv.exe

I have my zip file in C:\Portland-Hillsboro (KHIO).zip

I tried this    C:|checkfile\fciv.exe -shal c:\Portland-Hillsboro (KHIO).zip

system cannot find the path specified. I typed it exactly.

MD5 itself has no way to navigate to my zip file to check it. The link you provided was informative but still did not tell me HOW to use MD5.

There was a link to hash tab.... which I get a 404 message.... site not found. so I can't add the hash tag to properties.

Is it invalid to have - or spaces or (  ) in the filename of my zip? Maybe that is the problem. Bob

I find I cannot attach a file here. If I click on 'image' I get a url request I have none I try to close.... it won't go away.
It was a screenshot of my attempt in command prompt, the old DOS screen.

We do not allow attachments.  The following link provides instructions on how to post a screenshot:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/479802-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot/

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Is it invalid to have - or spaces or (  ) in the filename of my zip? Maybe that is the problem. Bob

Yes, that was the problem, the invalid characters were highlighted in the email sent to you.

Your newest has file has been successfully processed.