Sign in to follow this  
2wheelsup

Captain Sim Sale!

Here is a copy of an email I just received today...

Greetings,
We are pleased to announce that exclusively at Captain Sim online store, from 00:00 to 23:59 12JAN2016 (UTC) everything is Euro 9.99. Visit us at: http://www.captainsim.com
Important: 24 hours only. At 23:59 12JAN2016 (UTC) all prices are back to regular.

Stay tuned,
Captain Sim News

Alan :smile:

Hmm might get something but not as much had they done it around Christmas...

What is recommended?

Great news, thanks.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Dang I just bought the L1011 because I figured they weren't having a sale.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Their 737 originals and Milviz's, which one is better? Also how's the L-1011? I read she flies beautifully in real life...

Thanks for the heads-up!

Their 737 originals and Milviz's, which one is better? Also how's the L-1011? I read she flies beautifully in real life...

The VC is great,it flies good,you should also checkout their 707 the VC is on par with the PMDG 777!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I would say the Milviz is slightly better because it has a FMC. However, I am having troubles lately with that unit. Taking this into account, I would say that both are fairly similar. The CS has more variants (100 and 200), but the Milviz 200 has a very nice configuration tool to set up the plane in many different ways (pax/cargo/combi, old-style or modern FMC, ...). However, for 10 Euro I will definitely re-purchase the CS 737 for P3D, even though I already got the Milviz for P3D.

The CS L-1011 is a great product, the VC is amazingly detailed. The only drawback is that the manual does not include an amplified checklist. However, I found one for the real plane on the web and was amazed that CS has virtually everything modeled. I can only compare it to the original JustFlight model (not the professional version), but then the CS model is far superior with respect to system depth.

Peter

Does anybody know if the CS 767 works in Prepar3d v3?

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

It works, it's the one i use because LVLD just doesn't cut it anymore.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Here is a copy of an email I just received today...

Greetings,

We are pleased to announce that exclusively at Captain Sim online store, from 00:00 to 23:59 12JAN2016 (UTC) everything is Euro 9.99. Visit us at: http://www.captainsim.com

Important: 24 hours only. At 23:59 12JAN2016 (UTC) all prices are back to regular.

Stay tuned,

Captain Sim News

Alan :smile:

Thanks for the heads-up, Alan. Been waiting for the L-1011 upgrade to the P3D version for ages. Beats the EUR30.

I would say the Milviz is slightly better because it has a FMC

Some of which does not work(see another thread, reply from MilViz) as it was not intended to be implemented. The VNAV part of it does not work.

The CS L-1011 is a great product,

And better than the Just Flight version which I also bought.Worth getting.

Some of which does not work(see another thread, reply from MilViz) as it was not intended to be implemented. The VNAV part of it does not work.

Thanks for pointing this out, Rick. My problems are related to the issue that LNAV is not captured. There is some information on it on the Milviz forum.

Peter

I've always avoided CS because of many bad comments I've read about support, but these prices are tempting. How good are their offerings, though? How well does the 757, for example, stack up against the Quality Wings version, or the 777 against PMDG's equivalent?

Neither stack up against the QW or the PMDG, and I have both CS versions, as well as the QW & PMDG.