Sign in to follow this  
2wheelsup

Captain Sim Sale!

Do you know if those two will run in P3Dv3 ?

Sorry, Paul, don't have P3Dv3, only 2.5 and that is why I'm looking forward to getting the P3D version of the L-1011 as for me in FSX before I moved to P3D, it and the 707 were great.

I haven't tested the load manager actually... I always load fuel and payload on planes like this (without an FMC fuel/payload manager) through the simulator's menus. I'll try it in a bit and get back to you.

Tested, seems to be hardcoded for FSX and didn't work.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Tested, seems to be hardcoded for FSX and didn't work.

No problem. If it is possible to load the fuel through the Prepar3D menus then it is fine. Don't need the same fidelity as in a PMDG aircraft (I know that it is not up to PMDG standards anyway). Just want a decent 767 in Prepar3d and for 10 Euros it is worth a try, I guess.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

It looks like the 727 and L1011 have P3D versions will those be on sale as well?

I have bought most of CS's airliners for FSX at one stage or other and I would agree with those who say the L-1011 is the best, but their 737, 707 and C-130 are also very good. I also have their 727, 767 and 777 and these are not bad either, particularly if you get them at the sale price. I do however also have other developer's versions of these aircraft and if you are an absolute systems fanatic you might want to consider these - the PMDG 777 is superb and undoubtedly replicates more systems but at a considerably greater cost; the Milviz 737-200 however though processing a few additional systems replications is pretty comparable with the CS version and indeed I tend to fly both on a fairly equal basis; competition for the CS 767 is provided by a relatively 'long-in-the tooth' product from Level D and although still very good, it is showing its age within FSX and, as such, it is not strong competition for the CS product which also provides a greater selection of variants. The 707 and C-130 currently have no competition and, although I think a C-130 is under development by MilViz, the CS C-130 is in my opinion still a very good product (and one of my favourite aircraft  to fly) and if you can get it at the sale price, you will have a really good aircraft for what I am sure will be a lot less than the cost of a future MilViz version.

The bottom line is that if you are not a fiercely critical systems fanatic looking for accuracy in almost every last detail, you will get a lot of value and pleasure from Captain Sim's airliners. From an aesthetic viewpoint they are beautifully modelled both inside and out, the sound quality in general is good and their flying characteristics fairly accurate. My need to contact their support department has been fairly limited, but I have no complaints with the support I have received from them in the past although I do note that some people appear to have had problems. And for EUR 9.99 there is little to lose!

Bill

It looks like the 727 and L1011 have P3D versions will those be on sale as well?

We are pleased to announce that exclusively at Captain Sim online store, from 00:00 to 23:59 12JAN2016 (UTC) everything is Euro 9.99. 

They did say 'everything'. I hope they are, i want to grab the 727.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

The VC in the 707 is superb,the only CS plane I don't have is the 757 which I'm gonna pick up this time around. Their 777 sucks and has been in the desert since the PMDG bird came out.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I heard that it did but for 10 euros I will sure take a shot at it. I figure it is a good way to see if I like the triple 7 and if I do I might just then buy the PMDG version. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

An outside chance, but do any of their Boeings fully integrate with the GoFlight MCP Pro?  The old FeelThere 737 used to and was a joy to fly as a result.

And while I'm dreaming, I suppose they don't work with the OpenCockpits MCP either??

Does anyone know anything about their Weather Radar addon.  Does it work in P3D3 and is it any good? Nevermind.  It is already at 9 euros.

I am going for P3D versions of L1011, 737 Base and 727 Base

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

The VC in the 707 is superb,the only CS plane I don't have is the 757 which I'm gonna pick up this time around. Their 777 sucks and has been in the desert since the PMDG bird came out.

I heard that it did but for 10 euros I will sure take a shot at it. I figure it is a good way to see if I like the triple 7 and if I do I might just then buy the PMDG version.

Captain Sim did actually produce a series of updates to many of their airliners last year and as far as I remember that included their 777. I am not sure whether the version David dispatched to the desert was the original or a newer one, but I find the updated version pleasant to fly, beautifully modelled internally and externally and with good sounds. I would agree however that it is not up to the amazing system replication standard of the PMDG 777, which I also own and which is in a league of its own. Speaking personally, I find that I have to be in a certain frame of mind to immerse myself in the complexities of flying the PMDG version and there are times when I don't feel like that but still want to fly a 777, in which case the CS version is a great substitute. And for EUR9.99, there isn't much to lose Paul even if you decide at a later stage to remortgage and buy the PMDG version!

Folks,

I have Milviz 737-200c for P3D... Is it worth to buy Boeing 737-200 from Captain Sim?

Which the best?

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Kinda throws me off having to buy separate fsx/p3d versions though...

Inthink I read somewhere (this same thread?) that the quality wings 757 is much better than the CS one.

An outside chance, but do any of their Boeings fully integrate with the GoFlight MCP Pro?  The old FeelThere 737 used to and was a joy to fly as a result.

And while I'm dreaming, I suppose they don't work with the OpenCockpits MCP either??

You could always use Goflight interface tool to make a profile for that, shouldn't be terribly hard.

You could always use Goflight interface tool to make a profile for that, shouldn't be terribly hard.

Interesting :)  Have you ever made a profile for an aircraft? If so, I'd appreciate some tips.

I did look at the tool some time ago and decided it looked too difficult!  I'd be happy to be persuaded otherwise. 

Perhaps someone here has already done it?

Bryn