Sign in to follow this  
2wheelsup

Captain Sim Sale!

My resistance crumbled, and I purchased the 737, 757 and C130. Unfortunately I wasn't paying enough attention to what I was doing and I opted for the P3D version of the 737 instead of the FSX version. I've e-mailed them to see if they will change my profile so I can download the FSX version instead. Fingers crossed...

My resistance crumbled, and I purchased the 737, 757 and C130. Unfortunately I wasn't paying enough attention to what I was doing and I opted for the P3D version of the 737 instead of the FSX version. I've e-mailed them to see if they will change my profile so I can download the FSX version instead. Fingers crossed...

lol, I did the same thing with the 727 - they responded with an FSX link for me within a few hours - check your spam folder, though, if you don't see it; ended up in there for me for some reason.

lol, I did the same thing with the 727 - they responded with an FSX link for me within a few hours - check your spam folder, though, if you don't see it; ended up in there for me for some reason.

Thanks for that, it's good to know. I read their rules and regs and I see that they will refund unused products, but an admin fee of €10 applies - the irony! Hopefully a sense of good customer service will trump adherence to policy. If not I'll have to decide whether to write off the tenner I've already spent or throw another one at it...my own fault entirely, of course.

€40 for three aircraft still isn't a bad deal, though, but I hadn't even planned on spending the €30...  :smile:

Really enjoying the 777 and now thinking of getting the PMDG version. Can anyone that has both tell me if the PMDG version gets close to the fps of the CS version?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

1 hour and 40 minutes to go.

Also, you can import Navigraph FMS Data into the CS 757, 767, and 777.

Really enjoying the 777 and now thinking of getting the PMDG version. Can anyone that has both tell me if the PMDG version gets close to the fps of the CS version?

The PMDG gets much better FPS. 

1 hour hurry...

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Can anyone tell me if the C-130 will seem painfully long in the tooth (in terms of graphics, VC functionality etc) compared to L1011 and other more recent releases?

Andrew Jones

I am a bit confused,,,the cpt sim site shows an interior cabin for the 777 but I cannot see one in game and there is no link to it when you bring up the right click view option screen. Do I have to buy the extension packs to get it?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I am a bit confused,,,the cpt sim site shows an interior cabin for the 777 but I cannot see one in game and there is no link to it when you bring up the right click view option screen. Do I have to buy the extension packs to get it?

The interior cabin cannot be used during flight.  As I recall there's just one model with the interior cabin and it's basically to give you a feeling you are in the cabin but you cannot fly it.  There have been attempts to somehow put the cabin into a model that flies but no maus.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The interior cabin cannot be used during flight.  As I recall there's just one model with the interior cabin and it's basically to give you a feeling you are in the cabin but you cannot fly it.  There have been attempts to somehow put the cabin into a model that flies but no maus.

Best regards,

I think that the cabin model can fly via a 2D cockpit and has the normal exterior. Still, they were able to put a cabin into the 737, 727, 707, 767, and 757 with minimal FPS impact. I don't know why the 777 is different. 

Fewer and fewer developers are modelling cabins in airliners these days, especially the more serious simulations. My understanding is that it does take a toll on performance, perhaps not so much FPS but more in terms of VAS, thereby causing OOMs during long flights or flights into or over high complex scenery. For example, this has been PMDG's position for several years now. Andrew

Andrew Jones

Got the 727, 737, 777, and L-1011 for P3D.  Already had them for FSX, and I balked a bit at having to repurchase them for P3D.  (Yes, I get their reasons.)  However, with the annual 9.99 sale, it was not as big of a deal.  Looking forward to trying them out in P3D as I find time - particularly the 727.