Sign in to follow this  
2wheelsup

Captain Sim Sale!

Just paid via PayPal. The only snag I hit was when picking up the 737-200 ADV, I had to make a fresh PayPal purchase instead of the cart updating itself.  A small bind.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Beware the 727 P3Dv3 install just killed my P3D...trying to repair now.

I have a problem. The 777 requires a service pack so I downloaded the P3D version but when I go to install it it says FSX and there is no P3D option ?

I have a problem. The 777 requires a service pack so I downloaded the P3D version but when I go to install it it says FSX and there is no P3D option ?

Did you order the correct 777 version?  (P3D and not FSX?)

I also plan to purchase the P3D version T7 today...did you get it sorted? what do you think about her...

Does anyone know if the C-130 works with FSX-SE?

Wondering the same, the C-130 is the only one i'm interested.

Asking anyone who bought today ... how long before you received the download link email? I successfully used paypal a couple of hours ago, but still nothing so far.

For those interested in getting the 777 for P3d v3, you should visit their forums...specifically:

http://www.captainsim.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1449973970

Read post #6 by Lowke, then the response below it by Captain Sim.

Then review this post in the 777 forum:

http://www.captainsim.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1444557937

Post # 6 by CS states they are working on the update for V3...will be available "soon"...since Nov 23 . :Thinking:

Great price regardless that you can't use it yet in the latest version of P3d.  Hopefully "soon" is actually soon now that the holidays are over. :wink:

I'm enjoying the L1011 in P3dV3...no issues so far and the exterior is very well modeled....as usual by CS...never been an issue there for sure.

alL2wX.jpg

Asking anyone who bought today ... how long before you received the download link email? I successfully used paypal a couple of hours ago, but still nothing so far.

Disregard ... I just realised I could generate the links in the profile using the Extended Download Service option.

Cheers

Gunther

My resistance crumbled, and I purchased the 737, 757 and C130. Unfortunately I wasn't paying enough attention to what I was doing and I opted for the P3D version of the 737 instead of the FSX version. I've e-mailed them to see if they will change my profile so I can download the FSX version instead. Fingers crossed...

My resistance crumbled, and I purchased the 737, 757 and C130. Unfortunately I wasn't paying enough attention to what I was doing and I opted for the P3D version of the 737 instead of the FSX version. I've e-mailed them to see if they will change my profile so I can download the FSX version instead. Fingers crossed...

lol, I did the same thing with the 727 - they responded with an FSX link for me within a few hours - check your spam folder, though, if you don't see it; ended up in there for me for some reason.

lol, I did the same thing with the 727 - they responded with an FSX link for me within a few hours - check your spam folder, though, if you don't see it; ended up in there for me for some reason.

Thanks for that, it's good to know. I read their rules and regs and I see that they will refund unused products, but an admin fee of €10 applies - the irony! Hopefully a sense of good customer service will trump adherence to policy. If not I'll have to decide whether to write off the tenner I've already spent or throw another one at it...my own fault entirely, of course.

€40 for three aircraft still isn't a bad deal, though, but I hadn't even planned on spending the €30...  :smile:

Really enjoying the 777 and now thinking of getting the PMDG version. Can anyone that has both tell me if the PMDG version gets close to the fps of the CS version?

1 hour and 40 minutes to go.

Also, you can import Navigraph FMS Data into the CS 757, 767, and 777.

Really enjoying the 777 and now thinking of getting the PMDG version. Can anyone that has both tell me if the PMDG version gets close to the fps of the CS version?

The PMDG gets much better FPS. 

Can anyone tell me if the C-130 will seem painfully long in the tooth (in terms of graphics, VC functionality etc) compared to L1011 and other more recent releases?

I am a bit confused,,,the cpt sim site shows an interior cabin for the 777 but I cannot see one in game and there is no link to it when you bring up the right click view option screen. Do I have to buy the extension packs to get it?

I am a bit confused,,,the cpt sim site shows an interior cabin for the 777 but I cannot see one in game and there is no link to it when you bring up the right click view option screen. Do I have to buy the extension packs to get it?

The interior cabin cannot be used during flight.  As I recall there's just one model with the interior cabin and it's basically to give you a feeling you are in the cabin but you cannot fly it.  There have been attempts to somehow put the cabin into a model that flies but no maus.

Best regards,

The interior cabin cannot be used during flight.  As I recall there's just one model with the interior cabin and it's basically to give you a feeling you are in the cabin but you cannot fly it.  There have been attempts to somehow put the cabin into a model that flies but no maus.

Best regards,

I think that the cabin model can fly via a 2D cockpit and has the normal exterior. Still, they were able to put a cabin into the 737, 727, 707, 767, and 757 with minimal FPS impact. I don't know why the 777 is different. 

Fewer and fewer developers are modelling cabins in airliners these days, especially the more serious simulations. My understanding is that it does take a toll on performance, perhaps not so much FPS but more in terms of VAS, thereby causing OOMs during long flights or flights into or over high complex scenery. For example, this has been PMDG's position for several years now. Andrew

Got the 727, 737, 777, and L-1011 for P3D.  Already had them for FSX, and I balked a bit at having to repurchase them for P3D.  (Yes, I get their reasons.)  However, with the annual 9.99 sale, it was not as big of a deal.  Looking forward to trying them out in P3D as I find time - particularly the 727.