Sign in to follow this  
2wheelsup

Captain Sim Sale!

Can anyone tell me if the C-130 will seem painfully long in the tooth (in terms of graphics, VC functionality etc) compared to L1011 and other more recent releases?

From the brief time I've had to look at it, I'd say it shows it's age a bit, but not painfully so. It helps that the aircraft has been around since the 60s. The only bit I'd say that disappoints is the navigators station, which is very low res and totally non-interactive. There is a good 2D pop up for it, though, which I imagine I would just call up from the pilots seat.

Another plus is that it's very FPS-friendly.

I don't know why the 777 is different.

Yes, there was a lot of complaints about not getting at least one model working.  As I recall they said they were going to get it done.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The PMDG gets much better FPS. 

I bought the CS 777 a couple of years ago in their €9.99 sale, but I only installed it over Christmas.

I really like it and with two, or three of the published VC tweaks implemented, get a reasonable 20-22fps. But given time on the 777, I suspect that I will eventually be tempted by the PMDG offering.

So my question - is your statement based upon the CS 777 out of the box, or with any tweaks applied ?

Gary

I would be very interested to know those tweaks if you have anymore info or links?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

This screenie intrigues me. I'm still pretty new to P3D. How do you get both the avatar and the aircraft to co-exist in 3.1? If I have an aircraft loaded then select the Avatar as my vehicle, the aircraft is replaced by the Avatar.

I'm enjoying the L1011 in P3dV3...no issues so far and the exterior is very well modeled....as usual by CS...never been an issue there for sure.

alL2wX.jpg

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

This screenie intrigues me. I'm still pretty new to P3D. How do you get both the avatar and the aircraft to co-exist in 3.1? If I have an aircraft loaded then select the Avatar as my vehicle, the aircraft is replaced by the Avatar.

Greetings... to get both loaded, start with your aircraft of choice and then hit "CTRL SHIFT E" and you be placed outside the aircraft.

Thanks!... but strangely, it does nothing in my sim. It's listed as a keyboard command (attach/detach avatar or something to that effect), but when I actually do it,  ...diddly squat. :-(  Time to visit the P3D forum I guess.

EDIT... Okay. Figured it out. I did not have 'Avatar mode' enabled in the settings. Now I just have to figure out how to drive it.

Cheers!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Well, I bought the 727 for P3D and version 2.7, glad I did, best buy this Holiday Season,

The 727 is one of their great planes and I love it, maybe more than the 1011. I like how they include the little things like the moving map in the 727 and 707 and the EFB in the 777 (pmdg does not have that in their 777).

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Got L-1011 and it looked great, and system programming's pleasantly deep - Somewhere between QW146 and NGX but closer to QW146 would be my current impression. That INS is going to take a while to figure out, though.

Now if only there's a PFPX profile for that - CS modeled L-1011-1 while one that came with PFPX is for Just Flight's L-1011-500, the difference between the two being akin to the difference between B777-300 and B777-200LR in terms of seating capacity and MTOW.

Also got into a bit of trouble by accidentally purchasing wrong version for my sim - Customer service sorted that out in no time with an exchange.