Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

L1011 Wx radar

Anyone know how to get it working? Turing on the power doesn't seem to do anything. In manual 2 there is mention of it and a picture of a panel with some knobs. I don't have that many knobs on mine. On the unit to the left of the Captain's knee and FO's right knee are only two knobs. I purchased and downloaded the L1011 within the past week.

Cheers,

Scott

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think I figured it out :wink:

I'm guessing a person has to buy the Wx Radar addon that is on their site to get it to work.

Cheers,

Scott

I just got this add on a week ago so I'm still learning.

Actually the weather Radar does work and I just figured it out today. :smile:

To get it to work:

1)Right click anywhere in VC and on Cockpit menu click on "Pilots center console" and you will see the weather radar controls just below the transponder.

2)Turn the left knob to STBY. 

3)In main VC mode turn on the Radar display unit on lower left side of Captains panel  and you will see the display light up.

4)The mode controls are on the center console.

You can bring up the simicons by pressing the the shift+2 keys click on the WXR tab and the display will popup for a better view.

Consult the manual for operation of the radar.

Beat me to it, yes, center console, turn it on .. .also be sure to set your radar dish tilt angle, for takeoff I usually do about 2-5 degree up ... for landing about the same only 2-5 degrees down.  It works very well.

Cheers, Rob.

Sign in to follow this