Sign in to follow this  
Jayvee1

PFPX

I have bought the PFPX app and I think its wonderful, the only issue is that the flight plan isn't uploading into the PMDG 737 NG, same problem with FSBuild..... can someone please

help me on this i don't know what to do, I bought PFPX thinking that it would take care of the problem, but it hasn't :(

Make sure the flight plan is actually exported to the correct folder, and PFPX and NGX are on the same cycle of navigation database.

maybe it's permissions? try this: with explorer right click on the program folder and add Modify permission to the Users group with Properties, Security tab, Edit.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Make sure PFPX is set up to export the rte files to the same folder where the NGX's flight plans are stored - otherwise you won't be able to load the flight plans into the CDU. I'm browsing on my iPad so I'm not exactly certain what the default path is, but this sounds like your error.

The  path  should  be  eg     your  drive     fsx/pmdg/flightplans/ngx

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The  path  should  be  eg     your  drive     fsx/pmdg/flightplans/ngx

Pretty sure all you need to do is point PFPX to the P3D folder, and it takes care of the rest.

Kyle Rodgers

If the sim is installed in program files then the Users group will not have write and modify permissions!

Also I always export to pmdg/flightplans which are picked up by the 777 or 737 without a hitch.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I just save to the desktop, then move the files into the relevant folders. Sometimes you see that there is a permissions problem when you are propted to put in a admin password. That seems to fix the problem, although the joy of the add-on was seeing those files fly into your cdu like magic straight from the program.

The NGX folder seems to be tucked away in the sim folder fsx/pmdg/flightplans/ngx in Program files.

Since switching to Windows 10, I find that the permissions have been stopping things from working, as well as they could. And I'm sure there are work arounds, to deal with this. Like the default locations of FSX or P3D.

With more effort than I hoped I can get the rte files into the CDU, and p3d into ASN.

:smile: :Cuppa: I believe I finally got it working, the PFPX flight plans are being transferred to my PMDG 737 NG now, it seems to be ok, I used the following formats:

*FSX Folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX)

*Document Folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\FSX\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX)

Thanks to everyone for your help! :blink: