Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Not getting all the scenery with X-Plane

I paid for a full install of X-Plane and selected all the scenery for download. For some reason Switzerland is mostly water and I get a message box telling me that when I try to go to a Swiss airport. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hm, I'm not sure what do you mean by selecting all scenery to download? Is it some boxed version feature?

I assume those are the free meshes. I would check your load order in your "scenery_packs,ini" in the Custom Scenery folder. Meshes should be on the bottom of the loading order, below the airports. 

I paid for a full install of X-Plane and selected all the scenery for download. For some reason Switzerland is mostly water and I get a message box telling me that when I try to go to a Swiss airport. 

Sounds like your X-Plane runs in demo mode. If it is the boxed version of X-Plane the first 1 DVD has to be in the drive, when you start X-Plane. Otherwise it will refuse to load sceneries outside the demo area.

I thought the demo mode now restricts you to Seattle only, so if he's trying to load up in Switzerland, it's likely the area he wants isn't installed properly

I'd recommend you grab HD Mesh v3 anyway for this area. Just head over http://www.alpilotx.net/downloads/x-plane-10-hd-mesh-scenery-v3/ and download the areas you need and drop them into your Custom Scenery folder. They have better definition and detail anyway. You could even try UHD mesh, but these can be quite taxing on computers with less than 16GB

Thanks, I am not in demo mode. The downloaded scenery I mentioned is the X-Plane scenery that come from the full downloaded product. 

When going into the update screens and then to  update scenery window it shows that all the scenery is downloaded. You know, the map that shows all the sections you can download all or part. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Can you go into the X-Plane folder, Global Scenery/X-Plane 10 Global Scenery/Earth Nav Data?

Inside there should be all of the scenery, there should be a folder for each tile you selected. e.g. +40-010 for the group of tiles at 40'N 10'W

If there is nothing in here, then the installer has messed up or hasn't been able to write anything into these folder. If so, try running the installer again, unticking the area around Switzerland let it think it's uninstalled it, and then install it again

I checked that folder and I have +00 all the way to +70 but I also see some minus numbers like -50-180.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Some other things to try maybe

1) Make sure you've updated to the latest version by using the X-Plane 10 installer from their website, this also includes some updated mesh

2) Are you getting this problem anywhere else, or just in Switzerland? (Do you have any other scenery installed in your Custom Scenery folder)

3) Inside those 00/70 folders, is there anything actually inside them?

Here is the error I get when I try to go to LSZA.

Image1_zpsi77o4dry.jpg

I checked the scenery files and I do have the folder +40+000 and it is full of other files. But I do not have the folder +45+009.dsf

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Unfortunately then it sounds like the online installer has a bug or has messed up. If you install HD Mesh v3 from alpilotx it will give you the missing tiles, otherwise you'll likely have to contact LR and let them know there is a bug in the installer

Could it be, that you bought the Stream Version? The additional Sceneries are stored as a separate Download content. The whole earth means a download of about 70 Gbytes.

Is this X-Plane Steam? 

You could try Un-Tick the Europe box,  and then Tick it again.   Europe will Re-download. 

23675142243_87d6f418f1_o.png

Thanks but that is from a Steam version, I have the Laminar Research version. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png