Sign in to follow this  
flamer

Looking for some local ATC streams - New Zealand

Hi guys,

I'm a student pilot currently doing my x-country rating. I am wondering if anyone knows where I could get some live streams from airports around New Zealand? I used liveatc.net for a bit, but they say streaming NZ towers is illegal is that true? Plus most of those airports they cover are all IFR, I'm trying to learn the art of reading back VFR arrival and departure instructions.

Even if someone knows where I could find some pre-recorded conversations as it wouldn't matter of they were live or not!

:smile:

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've been looking for the same NZ streaming to add to ProATCX chatter.  it is illegal to record live ATC in NZ. You could try liveatc.com but I've been unsuccessful there as well. There is plenty of live streaming for ATC in Australia which has identical procedures and terminology to NZ(again liveatc.com)  Seems odd that you are at your x country stage and haven't covered it yet, its should be in your practical flying syllabus.

Yeah I have listened to the aussies a bit, but I have struggled to find a small aerodrome that does mostly VFR as listening to passenger jets is no help to me.

I have found a few youtube videos (with audio) of people doing circuits and full stops at some of the sites I fly to, so that has been useful because I can get a bit of practise listening to that.

..and yep I have covered it, and done it for real in x-country duals, but my training aerodrome is unattended so listening to ATC is new to me and I like to get as much practise on the ground as I can!

Sign in to follow this