Sign in to follow this  
Thomasew

Failed to load Hypergauge.

Hi All,

Firstly, been using the Mindstar GNS 430/530 units in FSX, .. since they were released. :smile:

Decided to give this Prepar3d thing a try, .. and bought and installed Version 3.1 this morning. :smile:

Also, installed the A2A Commanche, .. and configured it to use the Mindstar GNS 430.

Went to the Mindstar site and downloaded, and installed, ..  Version 1.08,0010 .. which installed smoothly enough, .. I think.

When I load the Commanche in P3D, .. I get the error .. 'Failed to load Hypergauge. Check dll.xml and modules folder.'

Not sure what to look for in the dll.xml, .. and couldn't find a modules folder in P3D, .. so, created one and copied the hypergauge.dll into it.

.. without success. Same problem occurs.

So, .. what did I miss during installation/configuration? Is my current license valid for both FSX and P3D? I thought it was.

The 'updated' GNS 430 works fine in the FSX A2A Commanche.

Any advice or assistance would be more than most appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Tom

You ran the installer as admin by right clicking on it and selecting 'run as administrator'... correct?

The fact that files are not being updated tells me it's a permissions issue.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hi Ed,

Yes, .. I did. As I said, .. everything works fine in FSX, .. but, nada on P3D. :nea:

BTW, .. the 2 MPI....gau files installed ok into the \Prepar3D v3\gauges folder .. i.e. MPI_CDIGauge and MPI_GNS, .. just the Hypergauge.dll didn't seem to go anywhere.

The GNS 430 panel/bezel etc. loads/displays ok in the aircraft, .. just no display.

Cheers

Tom

Right... if the DLL doesn't get installed... permissions issue... if the dll.xml file doesn't get updated... permissions issue.

Place the hypergauge.dll in the modules folder (get it from the FSX modules folder).

Copy the hypergauge entry in the FSX DLL.XML file and paste it into the Prepar3D DLL.XML file. Don't mess up the formatting.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I have the same problem. The file is in the module folder. I get a message, this file has been turned off.  I was thinking maybe under system monitor?. Probably not that easy. Thanks for your help. Stanford.

Please indicate what message(s) you see.  What sim are you using?  What product is this with?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Sorry. I'm using FSX-SE.  The message says, Hyper gauge Accelerator in Microsoft Flight simulator is not working. Not recommended to use. Do you want to use it or not. Yes ends the program and no let's you continue  with out a problem.  It's version 1.1.0. It's called Hyper Gauge Avionics. File, Modules\Hypergauge.dll .  Third party, Stasi Poulos + E Wilson.  It says it from,FSPilot Shop. I e-mailed them, they say it not. Thanks.  

I'm using,i7 intel 4790k 4.0 1150 chip, Corsair 110i water cooled.  Asus Mb Maximus VII Formula, Nvidia GeForce GTX 770, 4gig ddr3, W10 64/x86, using x86. Corsair 1200 pw, Corsair 32 gigs of ram.

What Mindstar product did you purchase?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I use all payware planes. If I'm board I use default. I just bought PMDG's 747-400v3.  I'm really hopping to find out at the Sim Conference, a 64 bit platform to use. I was hopping Dove tail would have it buy now. I have Aeroesoft's Airbuse,318-321. PMDG's, 737-600,700,800,900 NGX.  The 747-400v3, 777-200,300. These all should be used on 64 bit program. I have patience to use them on the x86 side of Windows 10. I'm not familiar  with, Mindstar. Thanks.

Ok... this is the support forum for Mindstar products.  So if this isn't in regards to a Mindstar product I'm uncertain as to why you're posting here.  What product did you install that uses HyperGauge?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Sorry, I didn't pay attention to that. Disregard.

Hi Everyone! I've been using the GNS 430/530 on A2A C172 and C182 for more than a week flawlessly. All of a sudden FSX:SE crashed during a flight and now when I try to restart it shows the following error:

"Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on):

Name: HyperGauge Avionics Accelerator for Microsoft Flight Simulator

Version 1.1.0

Company: Stasi Poulos and Ed Wilson

File: C;\Program Files (x86)\Steam\st...\HyperGauge.dll

Do you want to run this software (no recommended)?...."

"Yes" makes FSX:SE crash right after that and "No" won't load any of the A2A planes. I'm using Windows 10 Pro.

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks,

Luis

Using RegEdit.exe do the following:

- Locate the entry "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers"
- Find the value that contains "fsx.exe".
- See if it has an entry for IgnoreFreeLibrary <HyperGauge.dll> in it. If so... delete the value.

Once you remove it... it will still report the error and ask you if you want to run it, again... say yes... and problem should be gone.

Send a nice note to Microsoft and/or Dovetail for this issue... they are up to some kinda monkey business.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Just doin' my job! :)  Happy to help.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69