Sign in to follow this  
Magnus Pihl

PMDG and TOPCAT CG issue

When I distribute the cargo loads in TOPCAT, nothing happens with the CG value. F.x. I put 7000kg in FWD and 0kg in AFT. And I try vise versa. The CG is still 24%.

I noticed that it works as it should if I change aircraft configuration (Boeing 737-800 PMDG Mixed Class.txt) in TOPCAT from PMDG Mixed Class to f.x. Ariane. I have tried to copy'n'paste the Boeing 737-800 PMDG Mixed Class.txt and restart TOPCAT from what's in this forum post below, unfortunately without success. http://www.avsim.com/topic/417842-topcat-pfpx-737ngx-weights-how-to/

Hi, 

I'm not sure what you intend to do here, but if you try to load the NGX with the TOPCAT function, then it is a definitely no-go as it doesn't work with the NGX. The payload model of the NGX is rather complex and TOPCAT cannot update the model file in such a way it is correctly read by the NGX program.

By the way, full names in your posts, it is a mandatory rule here.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

When I distribute the cargo loads in TOPCAT, nothing happens with the CG value. F.x. I put 7000kg in FWD and 0kg in AFT. And I try vise versa. The CG is still 24%.

Do not use any other method of loading the aircraft other than the FMC.

Additionally, the version of the NG from us that TOPCAT has in the profiles is the FS9 version, to my knowledge.

Full names in the forum here - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

I noticed that it works as it should if I change aircraft configuration (Boeing 737-800 PMDG Mixed Class.txt) in TOPCAT from PMDG Mixed Class to f.x. Ariane. I have tried to copy'n'paste the Boeing 737-800 PMDG Mixed Class.txt and restart TOPCAT from what's in this forum post below, unfortunately without success. http://www.avsim.com/topic/417842-topcat-pfpx-737ngx-weights-how-to/

Hi,

I had some problems with this as well, I managed to fine tune the settings and got it working for both the cargo and fuel. It's pretty accurate (till 0.1% MAC) but as soon as I start adding passengers things go wrong.

I use the PMDG 737-800NGX WL with mixed class (first and coach) but I'm not yet sure how PMDG is distributing the pax since their are three holds.

Apparently the distribution is 28,17% + 43,66% + 28,17% but I'm waiting on both PMDG and other forums to confirm this distribution is applicable.

It appears to me that this distribution above does not look to your pax configuration of PMDG in the FMC since it would be regardless of how many pax you put in which class, and just looks to the total pax and divide them.

Anyway: according to me it is definitely possible have correct values between PMDG and TOPCAT, you do have to enter your values manually in the FMC.

Keep in mind, I can share my configuration file for TOPCAT but I configured it for KGS.

Should you have any questions, please contact me.

Best regards,

Sander De Prycker

I've removed a number of posts. Firstly, the posts were only vaguely tangentially related to the topic at hand. Secondly, they bordered on advertisement of another developer's products, which, in a specific developer's forum, is pretty off color. I'd expect that you all aren't going into other developers' forums and going into great detail about how our products are great or better. As such, I'd expect the same here.

It's one thing to say "hey, this product does this, which is kinda cool" as if to make a recommendation to us. It's quite another to discuss at great length, and openly advertise a competitor's product while taking shots at us in this forum. Also, please avoid issuing statements of opinion as fact, particularly in cases where one does not have the operational experience to make such a judgment.

Kyle Rodgers

I've removed a number of posts. Firstly, the posts were only vaguely tangentially related to the topic at hand. Secondly, they bordered on advertisement of another developer's products, which, in a specific developer's forum, is pretty off color. I'd expect that you all aren't going into other developers' forums and going into great detail about how our products are great or better. As such, I'd expect the same here.

It's one thing to say "hey, this product does this, which is kinda cool" as if to make a recommendation to us. It's quite another to discuss at great length, and openly advertise a competitor's product while taking shots at us in this forum. Also, please avoid issuing statements of opinion as fact, particularly in cases where one does not have the operational experience to make such a judgment.

My fault.  I encouraged further discussion on the subject with no disrespect meant to the OP or PMDG

What I do is go to FS Actions/Payload/ZFW and input the ZFW calculated from Topcat.  Then I go to Fuel and input the fuel into TOTAL FUEL from Topcat.  I let the program do the distributions.  It works every time without any problems.

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

What I do: Add payload via TOPCAT (widefs), but disregard the CG calculation and use the one from the FMC.

No issues so far.

It's not even close to being realistic, but, for me, it's convenient :)

Oliver Grützmann