Sign in to follow this  
poolep

Nvdia surround and 2 monitors

I've recently acquired a second monitor. I'd like to use it to expand my virtual cockpit across both monitors to give me a panoramic view of where I'm going.

I foolishly believed that I could just plug it in and go. However it would appear, after further research, that I'm going to require something like Nvidia Surround.

So far I am confused and would like some clarification.

Will Nvidia Surround work with just two monitors? I only seem able to find info about 3 monitors.

Do both monitors need to be identical ? Both my monitors are LG 23". One is an IPS 234v and the other is a 23EA63

Do the connectors need to be the same? Can I have a DVI and a HDMI?

Before spending money on a new graphics card and there any other thing that I should be checking or looking out for ?

Yes you can use only two monitors with NVIDA Surround.

NVIDIA does recommend that the monitors being used in Surround be identical. It obviously is the best case scenario. However, there is a good chance that it will still work just fine with two different monitors, you just have to try for yourself. The specifications that need to be the same for it to work are same screen size, same native resolutions and same clock speeds. If you have this, you should be good to go. If not, it may not work, or it may but with smaller resolutions or slower timings.

The connectors do not need to be the same. But make sure that the connectors you are using both support the same resolution as your monitor and GPU can handle. This is more important for people using really high resolution monitors as HDMI isn't really the connector of choice for 4K gaming. 

If you end up being able to span your VC across both monitors, you'll want to make the wideviewaspect ratio in your fsx.cfg to true. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I've recently acquired a second monitor. I'd like to use it to expand my virtual cockpit across both monitors to give me a panoramic view of where I'm going.

I foolishly believed that I could just plug it in and go. However it would appear, after further research, that I'm going to require something like Nvidia Surround.

So far I am confused and would like some clarification.

Will Nvidia Surround work with just two monitors? I only seem able to find info about 3 monitors.

Do both monitors need to be identical ? Both my monitors are LG 23". One is an IPS 234v and the other is a 23EA63

Do the connectors need to be the same? Can I have a DVI and a HDMI?

Before spending money on a new graphics card and there any other thing that I should be checking or looking out for

The monitors only have to be identical if you want to run 3D Surround.

If you only want to run plain old 2D Surround like most simmers they only have to have the same resolution.

They do not have to be the same size or run the same clock.

Also it is only the newer nVidia 9xx series cards that will do two monitors in Surround.

Before the 9xx cards the minimum number of monitors for Surround was 3.

That's why there is not much info about 2 monitor setups.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.