Sign in to follow this  
stesma54

Navigraph & Aerosors navaids

Hi everyone, I'd like to know: do I need to update only Navigraph data to use software like ProAtc or an update of navaids (Aerosors) is needed as well?

Thank you very much

stefano smania

To use ProATC, you need the navigraph data. The Aerosors updates are for the simulator itself.

Anytime. Do youknow the rest of the process to get ProATC data up to date?

ah sorry but i'd have a last question for you: do you think that updating Aerosors is worth or will it screw up something?

thanks again for your patience!

cheers 

stefano smania

Stefano,

Here's the full deal. If you've done any of this, accept my apologies. Just want to be thorough.

-download and install the Navigraph Data Manager on the same computer as ProATC. The data manager will find supported programs (pro atc/x) and then download/install the navdata in the correct location

-open ProATC and go to the Data>Import>AIRAC data page. Import the data. If there is already previous navdata, you will be asked if you want to update. Say yes

-go to this site: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

and download Make Runways. Once downloaded, put the Makerwys.exe file into the main folder of your flight simulator. Run the exe and it will create files with airport taxi and runway data

-go back to ProATC and open Data>Import>Align AIRAC with scenery. If you didn't already run Makerwys.exe, click Rebuild Scenery DB. Finally click Start Alignment

Your data should be up to date.

wow...i don't know what to say...thank you both for the answers...i decided i'll go for Pro Atc X purchase and i'm gonna take the risk to update the Aerosors stuff because i never use the inbuilt FSX FP.

thaks again guys!!!

cheers

stefano

You're welcome