Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

Snow effect constantly fluctuating?

Whenever the weather says 'heavy snow' the snow effect looks good but constantly flicks between heavy and light snow every 2-3 seconds.Is this normal?

Also does the Steve DX10 Fixer's "Slow Snow" check box make a difference with Precipitfx? I don't see any.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Whenever the weather says 'heavy snow' the snow effect looks good but constantly flicks between heavy and light snow every 2-3 seconds.Is this normal?

Also does the Steve DX10 Fixer's "Slow Snow" check box make a difference with Precipitfx? I don't see any.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

The constant change between Light and Heavy rain is caused by Active Sky Next. Our rain textures have a higher contrast between intensities than default resulting in a visible change between those conditions.

We do not really consider it as an issue as it is present even if PrecipitFX is not installed.

For the DX10 Fixer "Slow Snow", I have never seen it working even with default snow...

I hope this answers your question!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks for your reply, but I don't use Active Sky Next, and only configured the "Heavy Snow" option in the FSX weather theme, and still this fluctuating occurs.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Hi Stuart,

We might not be talking about the same issue than!

Can you send me a short video of the issue. That is going to help me identifying the issue.

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Stuart

You should look into preciptfx it replaces the horrible defualt snow. With this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Npz9kH9yF3E

It also replaces the rain and other effects

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Keven,

I'll try and capture a fraps video if I can. I don't currently use fraps at the moment so will have to download and try it out. Will try tomorrow morning.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

You should look into preciptfx it replaces the horrible defualt snow. With thishttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Npz9kH9yF3E

It also replaces the rain and other effects

David,

I am already running Preciptfx. That is why I posted. The snow in your video looks constant, whereas mine seems to fluctuate every couple of secs between heavy and light.

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Ehmmm, we are in the PrecipitFX support forums...

But thanks for advertising it!

Hahahaha that's what I get for posting while I'm half asleep sorry bout that

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Keven,

Re your post above re sending you a short video.

How can I send you a video? Could you let me have an email address?

Edit: No worries for now, I just started up heavy snow in FSX to try to capture what I was seeing previously, and it seems to be working fine at the moment. Must have been something else which was causing it

Stuart.Hyett@btinternet.com

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373