Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Captain Sim 9.99 sale on everything

Guest JustanotherPilot

Just received.

Greetings,
We are pleased to announce that exclusively at Captain Sim online store, from 00:00 to 23:59 12JAN2016 (UTC) everything is Euro 9.99. Visit us at: http://www.captainsim.com
Important: 24 hours only. At 23:59 12JAN2016 (UTC) all prices are back to regular.

Stay tuned,
Captain Sim News

Does anyone here have the 767 series for P3D or FSX and thoughts on the overall sim? realism? and would you recommend it?

I'm very interested in the 767 as well.

I have read previously that CS have progressively updated the 767 to what is now a 'not too bad' version of the aircraft.  I'd be interested in people's opinions on this - especially CDU/FMC and autopilot functionality.

Does anyone here have the 767 series for P3D or FSX and thoughts on the overall sim? realism? and would you recommend it?

A very good question as I'm hedging on this one.

There is already a thread in the Bargain Hunters forum on the Captain Sim sale where I asked the same question about the 767. Seems that it works just fine in P3Dv3. In YouTube you can also find two newer videos showing that it works in P3D. I guess, I will give it a try.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Anybody know how the CS installers are? I had the C-130 for FS9 and it was a nightmare that suddenly couldn't be reinstalled and there was a total lack of support on the issue over at the CS website. Sure it was a few years old, but I still used FS9 at the time so it was a slap in the face that I couldn't use the old installer anymore. 

Also, does it install bloatware programs/dll's into the flight sim that can cause conflicts and mayhem (that has become popular with many developers these days)?

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Anybody know how the CS installers are? I had the C-130 for FS9 and it was a nightmare that suddenly couldn't be reinstalled and there was a total lack of support on the issue over at the CS website. Sure it was a few years old, but I still used FS9 at the time so it was a slap in the face that I couldn't use the old installer anymore. 

Also, does it install bloatware programs/dll's into the flight sim that can cause conflicts and mayhem (that has become popular with many developers these days)?

Exactly.

I also asked in the bargain thread, but this may be a better place. The unofficial CS forum had no specifics.

Can anyone share experiences; Which P3D models install and run properly under 3.1 ...or will do so with minor tweaks? I don't think any have been patched since 3.1 and only find one that mentions 3.0. The other P3D models mention "2.0 or greater".

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Mark

i7 10700KF 3.8gHz -125W air cooled, 500W PSU, 4070 Dual OC 12GB, 16GB 3200, 43" P4317Q

Redbird Alloy RD1, Honeycomb Alpha, Bravo, Stream Deck

As i have replied in the other thread, the 767 (also the 757) works perfectly fine in P3D. The load manager program doesn't work though.

I have found the 767 (again, also the 757) pretty reliable. They model the older version of these aircraft. Everything in the cockpit moves, all switches and buttons, and the graphics are very high quality. The FMC has more functions available than the LevelD model and the overhead has way more moving switches than LevelD.

What's wrong with it?

- Sometimes the T/D isn't calculated properly. Actually, it is, but then it disappears from both the ND and FMC. It seems that the calculations are done correctly but then somehow they get replaced by wrong values, making the T/D disappear. I haven't figured out EXACTLY why this happens, it only happens in some approaches, it's possible to fix it with editing the flightplan, but it's still a very annoying bug.

- Some switches, when operated, will keep spinning even when there's no action on them. As an example, go to the SPD control, act on it with say the RMB to increase speed, move the mouse away from the control while holding the RMB and then release the button. The digits will keep spinning endlessly. Another annoying bug.

- Not all switches operate the same way. Some will work with the buttons, some others with the mouse wheel, some don't, some this, some that... It seems they were programmed by different people who didn't talk to each other.

If you can live with these annoyances, the rest is pretty much ok. Oh, and the engines start unrealistically. The 767 has a really special engine start process which is not modelled at all on the 767. I don't think the 757 is correct as well.

Hope this helps you guys a bit. I usually fly the 767 and am satisfied with it, even online with ATC never let me down in a way i get embarassed.

• Upvote 2

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Great feedback, NaMcO. I already have their FSX L-1011 and am very happy with it but wanted a P3D version, which I'll pick up tonight. Your honest appraisal of the 767, much as I'd like to get it, has somewhat put me off, specially the bugs you mention.

Thanks Nuno.

I do want to clarify though.  For some people (and companies/developers), P3D means version 2.5.x, which is a valid and very different product than 3.0.x.  Version 3.1.x is slightly different again.  Version 1.4.x is also still installed and used on many machines.

To make things more confusing, Captainsim mentions P3D "2.0 and greater" (was that published before 3.0 was on the map?) on some products, while specifically mentioning version 3.0 on the L1011.

Anyone that's used P3D since its 1.x release can appreciate why I ask the version questions with add-ons.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Mark

i7 10700KF 3.8gHz -125W air cooled, 500W PSU, 4070 Dual OC 12GB, 16GB 3200, 43" P4317Q

Redbird Alloy RD1, Honeycomb Alpha, Bravo, Stream Deck

As i have replied in the other thread, the 767 (also the 757) works perfectly fine in P3D. The load manager program doesn't work though.

I have found the 767 (again, also the 757) pretty reliable. They model the older version of these aircraft. Everything in the cockpit moves, all switches and buttons, and the graphics are very high quality. The FMC has more functions available than the LevelD model and the overhead has way more moving switches than LevelD.

What's wrong with it?

- Sometimes the T/D isn't calculated properly. Actually, it is, but then it disappears from both the ND and FMC. It seems that the calculations are done correctly but then somehow they get replaced by wrong values, making the T/D disappear. I haven't figured out EXACTLY why this happens, it only happens in some approaches, it's possible to fix it with editing the flightplan, but it's still a very annoying bug.

- Some switches, when operated, will keep spinning even when there's no action on them. As an example, go to the SPD control, act on it with say the RMB to increase speed, move the mouse away from the control while holding the RMB and then release the button. The digits will keep spinning endlessly. Another annoying bug.

- Not all switches operate the same way. Some will work with the buttons, some others with the mouse wheel, some don't, some this, some that... It seems they were programmed by different people who didn't talk to each other.

If you can live with these annoyances, the rest is pretty much ok. Oh, and the engines start unrealistically. The 767 has a really special engine start process which is not modelled at all on the 767. I don't think the 757 is correct as well.

Hope this helps you guys a bit. I usually fly the 767 and am satisfied with it, even online with ATC never let me down in a way i get embarassed.

Thanks for the great feedback.  Looks like even I am put off by 767 now.  Looks like 1011, 737 and 727 P3D versions are for me.  I hope they work in P3D3.1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I'll get the L-1011 for sure; had an eye on the JustFlight version but read that the CS version would be better at least compared to the regular JF one. Now there's also a "Professional" edition by JF but I couldn't find much about it. Just that the regular version wasn't up to the CS one, not for systems depth and especially not for modelling.

There are two more aircraft I thought about getting from CS if they work with P3D v3.1 (using the "Estonian" Migration Tool): C-130 and the 707. From what I could find, installing the FSX versions would have worked on P3D v2 (unfortunately permanently crashing P3D, however the migration tool should have got a workaround for that). Did anyone try in v3(.1) yet and can report if there are any problems or everything works fine?

P3D v3.1 (using the "Estonian" Migration Tool): C-130 and the 707.

Don't think they will work. If that was the case, already owning the CS L-1011 as well as the JF Professional version, there'd be no need for me to acquire the P3D CS L-1011 version.

I'll echo NaMcO's sentiment but also add that the FPS is reasonably low since CS modeled the entire cabin. Lots and lots of polygons. I will admit that the cabin modeling is cool (I know lots of people, including developers, make fun of those of us that like having cabins) but the toll on performance is definitely there...

There are two more aircraft I thought about getting from CS if they work with P3D v3.1 (using the "Estonian" Migration Tool): C-130 and the 707. From what I could find, installing the FSX versions would have worked on P3D v2 (unfortunately permanently crashing P3D, however the migration tool should have got a workaround for that). Did anyone try in v3(.1) yet and can report if there are any problems or everything works fine?

Just tried to run the 707 in P3D 3.1 yesterday (without migration tool). It messes up the P3D main configuration file by adding the status (I think) of the 707 system variables at the end of it. Such a pity, it is a great plane. I would even re-purchase it for P3D at full price.

Peter