Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Captain Sim 9.99 sale on everything

The 767 has not been developed for P3D.  The 757 has not been made compatible with P3D.  The 777 for P3D was specifically developed for installation in P3D.  Please do not insinuate to members interested in Captain Sim products that they work in P3D even though they were not developed for P3D as FSX developed products do not work in P3D and installation in P3D would be in violation of their license agreement.  This topic will be locked if there are further discussions on compatibility.  The Captain Sim website clearly indicates whether a product is compatible with P3D.  If compatible, you will have to purchase the product specifically made for P3D as was done for the triple 7.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

from 00:00 to 23:59 12JAN2016 (UTC) everything is Euro 9.99. 

Is the L-1011 base for P3D going to be 9.99?  It looks like it is still 29.99.

Current GMT Time/Date is 23:04 11JAN16. It'll be 9.99 in 56 more minutes. 

Would be good if captain sim actually finished a project. They are like carenado. Big on eye candy but poor buggy systems that never get fully patched. I use to buy all CS products . Not anymore!

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I have 4 CS planes that I enjoyed in FSX, However I would not purchase them again for P3D. Although I understand why PMDG required the repurchase of NGX for P3D, I don't think that same situation even comes close with CS planes. I could live with paying maybe $5 for an installer update for the 707, 727 and 757 but I am pretty sure that is all you are getting, an installer. I'll pass on this one too :-)

Disclaimer: This post is mere speculation and opinion :-)

(...) and installation in P3D would be in violation of their license agreement (...)

There's no such thing as a CS license agreement. Not on my copy of the 767 or 757.

But anyway, your forum, your laws, i'll just refrain from helping people from now on.

• Upvote 4

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Would be good if captain sim actually finished a project. They are like carenado. Big on eye candy but poor buggy systems that never get fully patched. I use to buy all CS products . Not anymore!

I've got their L-1011 and fly it frequently.  Over the holidays I did a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Sydney manually entering the LAT/LONG coordinates into the INS.

Over eight hours in the air, no time compression and I didn't encounter anything I'd call buggy.  By no means is it a study sim, but even at full price I think it's a solid offering and better than any Carenado product I own.

[As an aside, the flight gave me a much better understanding of why it took three people to keep those 'old school' heavies in the air.]

Richard P. Kelly

There's no such thing as a CS license agreement.

Well, not that I want to be disagreeable:

CS%20license.png

But I am not buying it again for P3D. When you are being gouged you are being gouged.

At CAD$15 I am not biting for something I already bought. More bad feeling from Captain Sim. :-P

Just purchased the L-1011 for P3D at EUR 9.99.

Well, not that I want to be disagreeable:

Yeah, i missed that, my bad. Still doesn't say you cannot use it in P3D.

But i don't want to beat a dead horse, it's a sensitive matter for some, i'll leave it at that.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Yeah, i missed that, my bad. Still doesn't say you cannot use it in P3D.

But i don't want to beat a dead horse, it's a sensitive matter for some, i'll leave it at that.

There are even topics on how to install the FSX products into P3D on their OWN forum. Oh well...

• Upvote 2

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

If compatible, you will have to purchase the product specifically made for P3D as was done for the triple 7.

I'd always do that - if it was. However, I was unable to find any P3D release for either the C-130 or 707. It would be very nice if there was one but if there isn't, developers should be happy to still earn money for something they didn't spend time for (making a product officially compatible with P3D). Of course, that's totally out of support but unless it's expressly forbidden to install into a successor product of the sim (as is with PMDG's products), it's not wrong unless you start patching or reverse engineering the original files. If just installing to a different sim and checking if everything works would be illegal, that tool I was speaking of should have been banned a long time ago.

Anyway, good to know it's forbidden to discuss compatibility issues in this forum. I will keep out of this forum unless it's for support questions to developers who (unfortunately) put their official support forums in here.

• Upvote 3

As i have replied in the other thread, the 767 (also the 757) works perfectly fine in P3D. The load manager program doesn't work though.

I have found the 767 (again, also the 757) pretty reliable. They model the older version of these aircraft. Everything in the cockpit moves, all switches and buttons, and the graphics are very high quality. The FMC has more functions available than the LevelD model and the overhead has way more moving switches than LevelD.

What's wrong with it?

- Sometimes the T/D isn't calculated properly. Actually, it is, but then it disappears from both the ND and FMC. It seems that the calculations are done correctly but then somehow they get replaced by wrong values, making the T/D disappear. I haven't figured out EXACTLY why this happens, it only happens in some approaches, it's possible to fix it with editing the flightplan, but it's still a very annoying bug.

- Some switches, when operated, will keep spinning even when there's no action on them. As an example, go to the SPD control, act on it with say the RMB to increase speed, move the mouse away from the control while holding the RMB and then release the button. The digits will keep spinning endlessly. Another annoying bug.

- Not all switches operate the same way. Some will work with the buttons, some others with the mouse wheel, some don't, some this, some that... It seems they were programmed by different people who didn't talk to each other.

If you can live with these annoyances, the rest is pretty much ok. Oh, and the engines start unrealistically. The 767 has a really special engine start process which is not modelled at all on the 767. I don't think the 757 is correct as well.

Hope this helps you guys a bit. I usually fly the 767 and am satisfied with it, even online with ATC never let me down in a way i get embarassed.

Thanks for that feedback.  Too many fundamental things wrong. Really disappointing - I'll pass.