Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Captain Sim 9.99 sale on everything

I missed the sale.. Thought it was until midnight...hmmm 

You might have been lucky!

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Now that the sale is over can we turn this into a buyers remorse thread and get feedback from those who regret their purchase? :lol:

I bought four planes and all their packages. Happy with all four except 707 will not work in P3D (I know it is not supposed to but I had hopes).

777 is amazing with all the toys you could want and the best wing flex I have seen in any model so far.

1011 is also very nice and easy to fly and runs great in P3D.

727 is a bit dated but still a wonderful model and great fun to fly.

All in all a great deal and worth waiting a year for.

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I purchased the 727 and I regret it.  It seems running as administrator is an absolute must.   

Really?  people are going to complain about aircraft that cost them $12.   Wow.   I think they are great aircraft at that price point.  Now would I pay the full price for them?  probably not. 

They are worth the purchase.  The 737, 727, C130 and 777 are all a joy to fly.  Switches work well.  Can do cold and dark starts.

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I purchased the 727 and I regret it.  It seems running as administrator is an absolute must.

I don't have that problem in either the 727 or the L1011 running either W7 or W10. You may have a security setting that is interfering.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Really?  people are going to complain about aircraft that cost them $12.  

It's not just cost. For example, regretting the time and frustration spent trying to get it to work and/or fixing things it broke.  Regretting trust (for support) given to a vendor.   

I don't have that problem in either the 727 or the L1011 running either W7 or W10. You may have a security setting that is interfering.

Vic

Good to know.  I will look more into that.

You don't login with administrator privileges or run as administrator?

Thanks

Same here, works without admin activation.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Well when I buy addons and there is an issue I usually check the sellers forum for answers.  Its how I figured out how to get the QW 757 into P3D and fix the font issue with the FMC.  a little bit of reading produced a 2 second fix. 

I turn off my UAC in my Win 10 settings.  I also make sure my antivirus is turned off for download and installation.   And when I install just to be sure I install as administrator.   Not sure if this will fix your problem if not I suggest you check their forums. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I missed the sale.. Thought it was until midnight...hmmm

It was. Midnight UTC time

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Same here, works without admin activation.

Good to know - thanks 

Well when I buy addons and there is an issue I usually check the sellers forum for answers.  Its how I figured out how to get the QW 757 into P3D and fix the font issue with the FMC.  a little bit of reading produced a 2 second fix. 

I turn off my UAC in my Win 10 settings.  I also make sure my antivirus is turned off for download and installation.   And when I install just to be sure I install as administrator.   Not sure if this will fix your problem if not I suggest you check their forums. 

Thanks for the suggestions.

I checked their forums and no answers how to run without admin rights. The vendor also says run as administrator is a must, no workaround (no help there).

UAC always off, antivirus  off - and I installed as admin.

Its good to know that it should work.   Just need to figure out how.

Thanks for your help.

Ken

It's not just cost. For example, regretting the time and frustration spent trying to get it to work and/or fixing things it broke.  Regretting trust (for support) given to a vendor.   

Good to know.  I will look more into that.

You don't login with administrator privileges or run as administrator?

Thanks

Well my login (named) account has admin rights but I am not logged in as Admin and I do not manually run as admin when I start. Not at my flight system so don't recall if I set the properties of the link to run as admin though.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Well my login (named) account has admin rights but I am not logged in as Admin and I do not manually run as admin when I start. Not at my flight system so don't recall if I set the properties of the link to run as admin though.

Vic

I think administrator rights are required, not login.  If your account has admin rights then that explains why it would work.

Thanks for letting me know.

Ken

Bought the 767. Works nicely in P3Dv3.1. Just yesterday someone published new VC textures for it via the AVSIM library. Very nice. A first quick flight was promising. Very functional model. Great bargain at 10 Euros.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Vic

Same here bought the same 2 planes and had no issues with them in 3.1. 

From EGFF to YSSY