Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

L1011 black engine exhaust

Greetings!

I'm new to the whole Captain Sim line of aircraft. I recently purchased the L1011-1 from them and am enjoying learning it.

Is it normal for the engine exhaust to be black during climb & cruise (it turns white when it's night)?

The current power settings/readings per engine @FL350 are:

EPR: 1.5

N1: 90.3

EGT: 466

N3: 87.3

FF: 466

Speed: M.836

Cheers,

Scott

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It certainly is in the sim, and I'm pretty sure it would have been that way IRL, too.  Keep in mind this is an airplane from the early '70s when jet engines weren't nearly as efficient and clean burning as they are today.

The CS L-1011 (and the L-1011 in general) is one of my favorite aircraft.  If you want a real challenge, try navigating via radio and INS the 'old school' way by entering the coordinates manually instead of loading a flight plan.  I did a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Sydney this way last week and it was one of the most enjoyable (and harrowing at times) flights I've ever done in FSX.  It took 128,300 pounds of fuel and I powered down in Sydney with 6000 pounds.

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I kind of figured the engines were of the "smokey" type (like the ones installed on the DC8/B707, et al at that point in time).

Just wanted to make that I wasn't messing something up.

Cheers,

Scott

Sign in to follow this