Hello I fly P3DV3.1 and I just got a Evga GTX 980ti and was wondering do I need NI or just use the Nvidia control Pannel for fine tuning the card?

Regards

Lamar Wright

I don't think there are any more options in NVIDIA Inspector compared to the NVIDIA Control panel so you don't actually need it (that said, I'm not sure if sparse grid supersampling is available from the Control Panel). The big difference is that NVIDIA Inspector lists all of the available settings rather than hiding them away in drop-down menus so I find it easier to use. The flip side of this is that because Inspector lists everything, it can look a little overwhelming at first glance. Basically, you are doing the same thing with both Inspector and the NVIDIA Control Panel, they are just laid out in different ways.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

The only thing that the NI is good for in P3d is to see if one can overwork the GPU by setting higher and higher degrees of AA.

I don't think there are any more options in NVIDIA Inspector compared to the NVIDIA Control panel so you don't actually need it (that said, I'm not sure if sparse grid supersampling is available from the Control Panel). The big difference is that NVIDIA Inspector lists all of the available settings rather than hiding them away in drop-down menus so I find it easier to use. The flip side of this is that because Inspector lists everything, it can look a little overwhelming at first glance. Basically, you are doing the same thing with both Inspector and the NVIDIA Control Panel, they are just laid out in different ways.

Thanks Vortex for that information, Do you use DSR in Nvidia Control panel and what improvements does it make if any?

The only thing that the NI is good for in P3d is to see if one can overwork the GPU by setting higher and higher degrees of AA.

Hi Jay, so not to much difference, think I'll just use Nvidia control panel. As I asked Vortex, do you use DSR ?

Regards

Lamar Wright

I did when it first came out.

I have a 1440p monitor  with my GTX 980Ti and I didn't see much difference between DSR and normal AA options. Everyone's experience with DSR is different though, so it's worth a try.

Thanks Vortex for that information, Do you use DSR in Nvidia Control panel and what improvements does it make if any?

Like Jay, I have a 1440 monitor so tend to just run at that resolution. With my old monitor I tried DSR but, although there was some improvement, I didn't like the tiny fonts in the game menus (my old monitor was 22"). I would certainly give it a try, though, if I were you.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I did when it first came out.

I have a 1440p monitor  with my GTX 980Ti and I didn't see much difference between DSR and normal AA options. Everyone's experience with DSR is different though, so it's worth a try.

Thanks Jay, I'll give it a try.

Like Jay, I have a 1440 monitor so tend to just run at that resolution. With my old monitor I tried DSR but, although there was some improvement, I didn't like the tiny fonts in the game menus (my old monitor was 22"). I would certainly give it a try, though, if I were you.

Thanks Vortex, I'll try it.

Regards

Lamar Wright

I was getting away without NI with my 65" 4K tv with p3dv3.1 and default scenery.

Just installed orbx YMMB and I am seeing flickering thin vertical and horizontal lines plus a pulsating moire pattern on some building frontages.

Had to go to x4 sgss in NI to get rid of most of it.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

If aliasing drives you crazy (like me lol), use NI

If you don't mind a nice shimmer or aliased edges/panels use the AA methods in the sim menus. I have never used just control panel so this all IMHO

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png