Sign in to follow this  
enrico68

Are Prepar3d updates cumilative?

Hello,

I just noticed Prepar3d has been updated, and version 3.1.2 is now available. So far, I have updated version 3.0 to v. 3.1; what happens if I pass on this update, and wait a little longer, say, until v 3.5 or 3.6? In other words, are the updates cumulative, or do I have to keep updating Prepar3d everytime a new update becomes available?

Enrico

Hello,

I just noticed Prepar3d has been updated, and version 3.1.2 is now available. So far, I have updated version 3.0 to v. 3.1; what happens if I pass on this update, and wait a little longer, say, until v 3.5 or 3.6? In other words, are the updates cumulative, or do I have to keep updating Prepar3d everytime a new update becomes available?

Enrico

The version I have is 3.1 ( 21.12.2015 download ) which shows in the 'help - about ' drop down menu as 3.1.2.15831, not seen any updates or hotfixes.

bob

Hi Bob,

you may be right, I'll do the same check tonight, likely it is the version I have, as I updated my P3d right around that same period (before Christmas).

Enrico

Es gibt keine neue Version, noch ist die LM Download Center "3.1.2.15831".

Diese habe ich auf meinem Computer!

Grüße Holliwutt

i7-10700k 5,1 GHz - 18 GB RAM - ASUS 1080Ti  - Dell G-Sync Monitor

Es gibt keine neue Version, noch ist die LM Download Center "3.1.2.15831".

Diese habe ich auf meinem Computer!

Grüße Holliwutt

Say what??

Say what??

I think Holliwut was saying that he has the latest download on his computer. You may wish to ask this question on the Prepar3D forum.

From carefully reading the OP's question, looks like the answer hasn't been made yet. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

From carefully reading the OP's question, looks like the answer hasn't been made yet.

That's correct. Ergo, check on the official Prepar3D forum. Unlikely to get an answer here.

Edit: Disregard the message below - Bobsk8 has drawn my attention to the fact that my response isn't relevant to the question being asked.

There have not been any interim updates to v3.1 since it's release in December.

I downloaded the v3.1 on day one of it's availability. v3.1 has a full version number of 3.1.2.15831

Enrico, check your "Help > About..." area and if you're running v3.1, you should see this number.

Enjoy,

-Greg

There have not been any interim updates to v3.1 since it's release in December.

I downloaded the v3.1 on day one of it's availability. v3.1 has a full version number of 3.1.2.15831

Enrico, check your "Help > About..." area and if you're running v3.1, you should see this number.

Enjoy,

-Greg

Again, the question the OP asked, which I thought was very clear, was this.  If there is a version 3.1 and then 3.2 and then 3.3 and then 3.4, and a person skips 3.2 and 3.3, if he or she then installs 3.4, will it do all the updates that were in the 2 that were skipped.  I would think that it does but not positive. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Again, the question the OP asked, which I thought was very clear, was this....

(hanging head in shame)

You sir are very much correct. Wow. Selective reading on my part.

Don't feel bad Greg - been there, done that - have the T Shirt! :)

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors