Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

vc gauges are very difficult to read

Can someone tell me how to enhance or improve the vc gauges on my carendo aircraft ( SR 22 182 seneca )

I have great difficulty reading the vc gauges. The situation gets much worse as i zoom out. very difficult to read on my machine and i have a great vid card 980 ti

now sure what else i can do other than play with settings

( not i have fsx set to enhance the vc gauges )

Perhaps there is a quick fix but i am having difficulty with this one. 

Thank you

Peter

Here is a screenshot

notice the blurry edges and gauges. I have the same issue in fsx and p3d

Here is a screenshot

notice the blurry edges and gauges. I have the same issue in fsx and p3d

24041508260_69be6081ec_z.jpgaafsxcarenadoseneca by Peter Kofman

Here is a tweak that I've been using with good results. It does wonders to my gauges and sharpness of the cockpit.
To use it find [PANELS] section in your FSX,cfg and add this line

VIRTUAL_COCKPIT_TEXTURES_SCALE=2.0

Try it, if it works enjoy it.

Sim,PC, monitor,prescription glasses, chair.

Honestly I think you're just zoomed out too much.

Try getting closer and see how it goes!

you are  probably correct in that i have moved the eye position back in order to increase my field of view .. i am not zoomed all that much, but i am definetly back in the shot above. Im interested in what others use for zoom and eye position settings? 

Here is a tweak that I've been using with good results. It does wonders to my gauges and sharpness of the cockpit.

To use it find [PANELS] section in your FSX,cfg and add this line

VIRTUAL_COCKPIT_TEXTURES_SCALE=2.0

Try it, if it works enjoy it.

thanks ill give it a try

Pete

I think it's just that, the zoom. you are way too far... it's a known issue(?) and the gauges look their best at 1.0x zoom (rather meaning no zoom... :) ) Of course that's not practical on a common monitor, but you have to compromise between fov and readability...

(also think if you were that far back on a real airplane, gauges would probably also be a bit hard to read...)

Carlos ... Ill play with it...<br />Does anyone know the ai settings to enhance the vc<br />I am a real pilot and in real life we have a good view of the entire panel. In fsx, p3d most of the time I'm fiddling for a full panel view with some sense of the horizon ...even<br />when flying ifr .. But I guess that is what makes sim flying so incredibly interesting<br />Pete

Another thing you can try is increasing the max texture size from 1024 to 2048 in fsx.cfg.

Be aware that FSX will reset it to 1024 every time you make other display setting changes!

[GRAPHICS]
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048

Bert