Sign in to follow this  
virginblue737

Blurries blurries blurries

Hey guys, 

So at the moment im on P3D V3.1, in versions like P3D V2.5 etc i had the ground textures and loading very sharp and crisp with no blurries, now i just cant seem not matter what i do to get the blurries to go away. 

Any tips / Suggestions ?

System - I5 4670K 4,5ghz, gtx 770 

How many cores is it running on when you open task manager,right click on the prepar3d.exe task and select set affinity?

Also are you using any tweaks like affinity mask or Fibertimefraction?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Only time I had blurries in P3D is when an FSDT add on manager inserted affinity mask= 14 in my P3D.cfg file. Might want to check for that. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I'm having the same problems. I've also started a thread about this issue in the LM P3D forums.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

As Bob mentioned above, Affinity Mask settings can have a significant impact on terrain paging and blurry reduction, as can having a FFTF set too low (I don't go below 0.20 on my rig). The other thing to try is enabling Hyper threading.

If you have enough bandwidth, terrain paging can be seamless, even with frames set to unlimited.

Setting an appropriate Affinity Mask value suited to your CPU is the best bet..Do a search in the forums. Forum member "SteveW" gives good advice...

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

I've tried various affinity masks, and it made no difference on my Intel i7 2700K.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Thanks so much for your replies guys 

I used the Fiber tweak to 0.01 and also i had the affinity task set to 14 which was recomended for my system ( 4 cores ) ill take them both out and let you guys know. 

Thanks again

Seems to me like many of the CFG tweaks are ignored by P3D v3 when FR set to unlimited. Set FR limiter to the lowest you can live with and see if that helps with the blurries.  Then you can start adjusting some of the CFG tweaks to find balance that works for you.

Just wanted to add that the two tweaks he listed above are not ignored by P3D, regardless of whether frames are limited or not. Unlike FSX, the terrain paging system will keep up fairly well (even with unlimited frames) as long as it's not crippled by  a very low FFTF or an AM setting that impacts parallel terrain paging threads.

Another interesting point is how few "tweaks" are now listed in the P3D Learning Center - sure gives an indication of which ones LM considers still having a tangible impact. 

Maybe something else going on then.  If I have FR set to unlimited, I see no difference at all when changing many of the CFG tweaks, including FFTF. 

When I have FR set to 22, then I do see a noticeable difference with some of them, but still no change with some of them.

Hey guys, 

So at the moment im on P3D V3.1, in versions like P3D V2.5 etc i had the ground textures and loading very sharp and crisp with no blurries, now i just cant seem not matter what i do to get the blurries to go away. 

Any tips / Suggestions ?

System - I5 4670K 4,5ghz, gtx 770 

I was having the same issue and tried every tweak in the book, including renaming my cfg and letting P3D re-create it.

Finally after several tries this is what finally helped.

I know its different for every system but you might want to give it a try. 

I am running on a i7 quad core (HT disabled).

[TERRAIN]
SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=30

Thanks so much for your replies guys 

I used the Fiber tweak to 0.01 and also i had the affinity task set to 14 which was recomended for my system ( 4 cores ) ill take them both out and let you guys know. 

Thanks again

.01 is very low try .1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.