Sign in to follow this  
virginblue737

Blurries blurries blurries

I was having the same issue and tried every tweak in the book, including renaming my cfg and letting P3D re-create it.

Finally after several tries this is what finally helped.

I know its different for every system but you might want to give it a try. 

I am running on a i7 quad core (HT disabled).

[TERRAIN]
SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=30

And did you have the fiber tweak? Also do you have affinity mask set in your cfg

And did you have the fiber tweak? Also do you have affinity mask set in your cfg

Neither. I tried them both and saw no visible difference so removed them.

I reverted back to driver version 347.25. Now textures are crisp and clear again on my NVidia GTX 580.

I tried going back to the latest NVidia driver, and I see no difference. I can only conclude that there was something wrong with my previous driver installation thatthat caused the problem, so a simple CLEAN reinstall of the display driver might have been all that was needed on my system.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Hey guys, 

So at the moment im on P3D V3.1, in versions like P3D V2.5 etc i had the ground textures and loading very sharp and crisp with no blurries, now i just cant seem not matter what i do to get the blurries to go away. 

Any tips / Suggestions ?

System - I5 4670K 4,5ghz, gtx 770 

Jack, I do not have P3D So I'm not exactly sure I can be of any help to you, but your problem seems vaguely familiar to FSX when the scenery is corrupted. By this I mean, the scenery.cfg. file being all messed up after moving things around. I know for sure that in FSX when you install new scenery they are usually placed in order of the way they were installed. But lets say for some reason you installed a bunch of ORBX or any other 3rd party scenery and decided to move them around manually in your scenery editor for your own liking. Well I can tell you this much, even though they were moved around manually FSX scenery.cfg, has no clue how to reorganize them in the proper NUMBERED order. So instead of your scenery looking something like this:

[Area.215]

Title=Mega Airport London Heathrow

Local=Aerosoft\Mega Airport London Heathrow

Active=TRUE

Layer=215

Required=FALSE

...it ends up looking like this:

[Area.215]

Title=Mega Airport London Heathrow

Local=Aerosoft\Mega Airport London Heathrow

Active=TRUE

Layer=121

Required=FALSE

Notice the AREA number and the Layer number for both.

Knowing this, I can tell you for certain, NO tweak of any kind will fix this issue unless its organized properly in scenery.cfg. There is a tool for FSX called  FSTScenery.exe, which is placed in the scenery.cfg folder and when executed, automatically put things back in order. Again this is for FSX.

If this is the case for you...i.e, if your scenery.cfg is corrupted then you will need to fix that first. Unfortunately I don't know if there is a tool for that. Hope this helps 

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

.01 is very low try .1

I thought .01 is a finer or more difficult on the GPU to attain, am I wrong?

Nick Sciortino

I don't use any tweaks to the Prepar3D.cfg (I have tried many) ... but I did have an odd issue a couple of days ago where the terrain would not realize the appropriate LOD quickly and my FPS started to be erratic.

After doing my usual set of diagnostics (disable everything in DLL.XML, EXE.XML, uncheck scenery library entries not relevant to my test area), I discovered the issue was my Overclock settings ... I was experimenting with a different OC (increasing the CPU Input voltage) trying to hit a solid reliable 4.8Ghz (5960X HT OFF) ... I went back to one of my known reliable OC profiles and no more terrain LOD issues.

I was somewhat surprised that an OC could cause terrain LOD issues (especially since the same OC in other games/sims/apps worked fine) ... but obviously the terrain threading was getting corrupted.  Normally an OC problem is a CTD or lockup or triggers a reboot ... so this was an "interesting" find for me and has me re-thinking my OC strategy.

So just to add one more "possibility" is check your OC, downgraded it and see if that helps with LOD.

Cheers, Rob.