Sign in to follow this  
cliffardus

How do I save my 777 FMC settings?

I'd like to save FMC settings at different stages of the 777 Tutorial.

In that way I can deal with mistakes by having a base of correct inputs rather than having to start from scratch every time I run into a problem.

The last time I saved an in-flight scenario after reloading it the FMC was no longer in the same state.

I assume therefore that I saved incorrectly and I need to learn how to do it correctly.

Help would be appreciated.

Cliff Harris

I'd like to save FMC settings at different stages of the 777 Tutorial.

In that way I can deal with mistakes by having a base of correct inputs rather than having to start from scratch every time I run into a problem.

The last time I saved an in-flight scenario after reloading it the FMC was no longer in the same state.

I assume therefore that I saved incorrectly and I need to learn how to do it correctly.

Hi, Cliff,

A save using FSX's save function should work properly.  When you reload a saved flight:

1) don't do it right after the save; you need to either close and restart FSX or at least load the default trike/Friday Harbour flight in between.  Remember the commandment, "Thou shalt not load a PMDG aircraft on top of the same or another PMDG aircraft or other complex aircraft."

2) put it in slew mode (not paused), let the countdown finish and then take it out of slew. If it starts moving in some way, use the slew controls to stop it. The Autopilot may disconnect but just reconnect it.  You may get a few minor warnings such as equipment heat off (click it back on) or APU on when it's not.

You can also go into the PMDG settings from the menu button on the CDU and save just the panel state.  You can use the same function to reload it.  This will work if you are already in mid-flight but it won't set you up in the position the aircraft was at when you saved.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2